Problem veneering on plywood

Hi all, I've just completed applying a maple burl venner to 1/4 birch ply. I sanded the ply before applying the veneer but I still got some lines telegraphing throught the veneer. What can I do to prevent this from happening? Thanks, Gene
--

This message has been scanned by Norton Anti-virus software

MDF core next time?
dave
Gene T wrote:

Bay Area Dave wrote:

or better yet, MDO?
charlie b
If you want the veneer grain direct to be the same as the ply grain direction cross veneer first with a cheap veneer [poplar of the like ] then lay the face veneer the in the direction as the ply grain . that should solve the problem. To prevent cupping yopu will probably need to do the same to both sides of the veneer.
-- mike hide

"what to do" depends on where the lines are coming from.
If it's the grain of the underlying stock, then applying a pore-filler and/or sealcoat before the veneer would seem indicated.
Some experimentation is indicted.
Mebbie use MDO, or even MDF, instead of the birch ply ?
Hi Guys, I would have like to use MDF or MDO but I need the panel to be approx. 1/4 thick and I can't get MDF or MDO in 1/4 in thickness. Gene

What kind of glue?