printing for my store

Im looking to do some custom print work for my crafts store to sell some products and came across this printing company online, they look pretty decent and called them and they seemed to know what they are talking about but I was wondering if anyone else had any experiences with them? Whitaker and Frost Printing

jslimowicz

As they say in their website, they are not printers, they are brokers who will get your job printed. A broker can be handy if you do not know about printing, as you can spend too much, buy the wrong process or order impractical materials from a printer who still has to job it out to another printer (like a broker) to get done. A broker will sort through suppliers to get the best job for the best price.

That said, if you are familiar with printing you MAY be able to arrange a good printing job locally. If not you may be able to locate a local broker, someone you can sit down and discuss your needs, instead of by e-mail and over the phone. Printed paper can be very heavy. Buying from an out-of-town broker/printer can kill you with shipping costs, where a local printer will include delivery in his quote.

I spent 39 years in the printing business, it can be complicated and confusing even for those who are familiar with it, as it covers so many different processes, finishes, papers and techniques, each with its own different terminology.

Reply to
Eric Tonks