Primer for White Oak?

I'm going to make an exterior decorative moulding (for a door) of white oak. The white oak will be painted with exterior latex paint. What would make a good primer-sealer for the white oak? TIA!
Davoud
--
usenet *at* davidillig dawt com

Use the same brand for your primer. It should say it is for bare wood.

I would use a couple of coats of BIN or KILZ, a shellac based primer will keep the wood from bleeding or staining.
Finish as usual.
JE