Primer for White Oak?

I'm going to make an exterior decorative moulding (for a door) of white oak. The white oak will be painted with exterior latex paint. What would make a good primer-sealer for the white oak? TIA!

Davoud

Reply to
Davoud

Use the same brand for your primer. It should say it is for bare wood.

Reply to
Phisherman

I would use a couple of coats of BIN or KILZ, a shellac based primer will keep the wood from bleeding or staining.

Finish as usual.

JE

Reply to
Jon Endres, PE