Price of Oil and WW

Page 2 of 2

George wrote:

Our local country store never went over $2.13.9, is today at $2.08.9, and I have a charge account there. He's seldom the absolute lowest around, but he's within 7 or 8 cents most of the time. My guess is at least one station in Roanoke is at $2.05.9 or lower, though.
We usually have some of the lowest price gas in the U.S.
I always pay cash, unless I'm totally out of pocket and use a debit card...almost never.
JGS (in snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca) said:
| I knew this would happen sooner or later but Holy Crap Batman. | First it was the price of steel and now it's oil
<snip>
There are at least two components to price increases; and I think you may only be considering one of them. The other main reason that more dollars may be needed to purchase an item could be that the dollar has decreased in value.
It's not always easy to separate the cost increase components; but you can probably make a fairly good approximation by examining consumption statistics together with the annual report (for the same period) from the largest producer.
Take your blood pressure meds first.