Pressure Washer?

I want to buy vs rent as 4x rents will pay for a gas version and Ill use it enough to merit a purchase. I want to clean deck, outside wood prior to stain, cement patio, so what Ive read is that someting in the 2500PSI, 2.2GPM range. When looking around, Home Depot has the Excell with Honda motor for $300. Any experience with these Pressure Washers and any recommendations?

thanks!

Reply to
noxpurt

Make sure you get something that uses industry-standard connectors, else you'll be locked in to that vendor's accessories. IIRC we went with the next model up because of that.

Reply to
DJ Delorie

Oh yeah...many of us have set our Honda models for 25,000 psi and put on a fine nozzle so we can rip wood with it. Only problem I see is that the spray is getting all over the cast iron top and causing a lot of rust but it cuts like a dream. And be sure you're wearing safety goggles.

.......pssssst....... you may want to try alt.home.repair

Bob S.

Reply to
BobS

The $300 model has a plastic, oilless pump and a Honda GC engine (no iron sleeve, no low oil shutoff, etc.). It won't last very long, but if you don't plan on using it very much then it should be fine.

I have one with a Cat pump (US made) and a Honda GX engine (they last forever). It is a pleasure to use. Normally it costs around $700 but Home Depot cleared them out at $360 when they switched from Excell to Dewalt (ie. when B&D bought Devilbiss).

Currently Costco has a large Karcher with a 13hp Honda GX engine for $600, but I don't know if the Karcher made pump is any good. I do know their electric pressure washers are garbage.

Reply to
AL

I bought a Northern Tools 2700 2.5ppm electric I like.

240v 30a required but I put a dryer plug on it. It really hits the design power, not depending on how well the engine is running that day.
Reply to
gfretwell

Well, mine came with a Honda owners manual for the engine - certainly appears to be Honda through and through.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

i know next to nothing about them, except that I bought a 110V for about $1000, after returning a $300 identical unit, just to wash the car. Just the extra oomph. Small bubble. 110V requirement. I have been told one is designed for about 100 hrs of use, and the others I can only assume are, commercial. Prob. about 3x price ave. between the 2 categories. Do a days research on the internet, and you'll see the diff, then buy from a industrial cleaning machinery supply co., if thats what you want.

Reply to
bent