power tool racing on Discovery Channel

Caught this while perusing the TV schedule... pretty wild stuff! Guy just one a heat with what looked like a Milwaukee 7 1/4" saw... 30 MPH down the track! I just told my kids I better not catch them racing my new PC 314 against my PC 7 1/4" saw. That admonishment garnered a big "Daaaaaaadd." ;-) Gotta go, it's a chain saw against a Skill saw!
Add pictures here
✖

I caught this show about a week ago. Pretty entertaining though I really wanted to see more wild machines. The vacuum cleaner, cheapo DeWalt belt sander practically direct from the store and that drill powered cart just didn't do much for me. That "jet" router was pretty disappointing too. The saw (I believe the one you're talking about - guy picked it up off the highway and he and his adult son modified it for racing) with the 10" blade or whatever was pretty satisfying to watch as was the dual grinder contraption mounted with sawblades that chewed up the walls of the track.
Ever watched the lumberjack competitions with the super-modified saws? Now that's on the order of what I'd like to see with the tool racing - all out killer machines that break the sound barrier.
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company
Yeah, sure, and next I expect you'll be trying to convince us they use V8 engines on chainsaws. http://www.pibmug.com/files/ultimatechainsaw.mpeg