post turtle

While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75-year old Texas rancher whose hand was caught in a gate while working cattle, a doctor struck up a conversation with the old man. Eventually, the topic got around to former Texas Governor, George W. Bush, and his elevation to the White House.

The old Texan said, "Well, ya know, Bush is a 'post turtle'."

Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him what a 'post turtle' was.

The old rancher said, "When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a post turtle."

The old man saw a puzzled look on the doctor's face, so he continued to explain, "You know he didn't get there by himself, he doesn't belong there, he doesn't know what to do while he's up there, and you just want to help the dumb shit get down!"

[GD&R]
Reply to
jo4hn

Great. More politcal shit.

Here goes a 100 response thread.

Thanks for the OT header.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

There ya go - now are ya happy.....;-)

Didn't happen to see OT in your response........

Only 99 more to go........

Bob S.

Reply to
BobS

Sorry about that. My bad. j4

Reply to
jo4hn

Don't you have any friends that you can send this crap to?

Reply to
Frank Drackman

I have often wondered how those turtles got up there...

Funny one...keep 'm coming. And as long as you mark the post OT (I will know the post has a turtle on it).

I just wish the Bushistas would lighten up a little.

Reply to
Robatoy

Back where i grew up most of the fence posts wer black locust.

But I hear that Osage orange is popular too.

Reply to
fredfighter

Miss your prune juice this morning?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I'm excited to which Republican will be our next President after the primary is over.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

War presidents have been known to go 3 terms....

Reply to
Robatoy

Nope.

I don't understand the need to post jokes, political thoughts, and other off topic stuff to a woodworking newsgroup. I certainly can understand sharing ideas with your friends and do so frequently via email, telephone calls, and face to face encounters but I am missing why people do it to a newsgroup dealing with woodworking...especially without putting OT in the header. If there are members of the group you want to share with why not create an email distribution list? What am I missing?

Reply to
Frank Drackman

I think Bush has pretty well guaranteed that the next president will be a democrat.

Reply to
CW

I'm sure that has crossed Bush's mind.

Reply to
CW

Think of this group as a large family.

Sometimes a family member wishes to share and idea that is not of interest to all the family.

AS long as it is not some religious harangue, it's not such a big deal.

Open up the window and let the sunshine in.

Analitis gives you a crappy outlook on life.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

This is getting funnier. You are OK with it unless it is a religious harangue...

Reply to
Frank Drackman

Think its opticalrecatlitis that does that - optic nerve and rectal nerve crossed up on the way to the brain.

Analitis involves the entire head being placed in the anal opening. THAT disorder creates no outlook at all.

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

Should have stopped right there.

... all that statement does is indicate what *your* hot button topic happens to be.

Mark & Juanita

THought you would like that.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

The reason that I post the original complaint is that my history with the usenet shows that when the noise gets too high in a newsgroup key members go away. All that is left is the people who are looking for friends or those who love making life difficult. I would hate to see that happen here.

Reply to
Frank Drackman

A group like this seems to perodically be a target of various types of spammers.

Most of the old timers either choose to totally ignore them or they get added to their kill file.

Since those jerks can't handle being ignored, they give up and go away.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett