porter-cable router not powering up

Somebody might be willing to sell me a Porter-Cable 7529 plunge router for CHEAP, the only problem is it won't turn on for them. They say everything else is fine, it just doesn't power on.
I called a Porter-Cable service center, and other than suggesting I save for a beefier model (which I wouldn't be able to afford for another seven or eight months....), he said that 99% of the time all it takes is tightening a screw and blowing out the connectors, and it's really just fine.
Has anyone had any experience with this? I know, you get what you pay for...but there's an exception to every rule...
david
--
So, we've got Uday and Qusay. Now, how about the Eapons-way of Ass-may
Estruction-day?

No experience, but isn't the 7529 the model PC has had a lot of trouble with the speed regulator circuit going to pot? This may have nothing to do with it not running at all, but might be something to look into. Nahmie