Poly on kitchen cabinets

I'm just about finished building the new kitchen cabinets. Frames are pine and panels are birch plywood. Looking to get a Danish effect when finished. I'm considering using just two or three coats of satin poly. Any drawbacks to this approach? Alternative would be two coats of Watco followed by two of poly.
TIA
Larry
SSuggested often is to build the finish with gloss, doesn't obscure grain, and final coat with sheen of choice. Alternate route use gloss for all then rub after cure time for sheen wanted.
On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 22:34:14 GMT, "Capt. 321"

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 08:43:54 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@vcoms.net

Test on some scrap is the standard response for nearly all finishing questions. In a kitchen, I think you want a waterborn (so called "Waterbase Poly") finish for the topcoat.
I'd suggest waterbase over Oil-Varnish (Danish Oil for one) for that, but you'll need to test that they play nice together.