Polished Bronze

I am making a sign for house numbers. I planned to use the standard bronze numbers from the local hardware store.
Could some recommend what they should be coated with to extend their life. ie. wax, varnish, etc.
On Tue, 07 Jul 2009 13:17:51 -0400, Keith Nuttle

http://www.bronzeplaquesblog.com /
Regards,
"Keith Nuttle" wrote:

If truly bronze, au natural.
That's the beauty of bronze.
Lew
On Tue, 07 Jul 2009 13:17:51 -0400, Keith Nuttle

Clear lacquer should keep them shiny, at least for a few years. A spray can should be enough for 100 numerals. Forget it if you have salty air.

Linseed oil.