Polished Bronze

I am making a sign for house numbers. I planned to use the standard bronze numbers from the local hardware store.

Could some recommend what they should be coated with to extend their life. ie. wax, varnish, etc.

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

Tom Watson

Tom Watson

If truly bronze, au natural.

That's the beauty of bronze.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Clear lacquer should keep them shiny, at least for a few years. A spray can should be enough for 100 numerals. Forget it if you have salty air.

Reply to
Phisherman

Linseed oil.

Reply to