Plywood/wood Find in Raleigh, NC area

Just wanted to pass this along to anyone in the Raleigh, NC area. I kept passing an old warehouse in Fuquay-Varina that had a spray painted sign out front that read "Discount Plywood". I finally stopped and this guy had acres of wood, mostly panel type wood but some rough sewn. Prices are ridiculously cheap. I bought 2 sheets of clear mahagony (both sides) plywood for $17 a sheet and it's good stuff...not a void yet. MDF is $15 and he had 6/4 mahagony for $2.75 bf. Not all of the stuff was priced this good but definitely worth a visit. It's behind the flea market, right off of hiway 42 leaving Fuquay-Varina.
Greg
yea - near the intersection of route 42 and 55, near all those 'backy warehouses. jim
(Greg) says:

JOAT, I didn't know you were in this area. Wherebouts? I'm not sure. It's not the actual flea market, it's a big warehouse kind of behind it. If you're on 401 and you take 55 towards Angier take the first left (about 200 yards down 55) onto 42 you'd see the warehouse on your right about 1/5 mile down.
Greg
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (T.) wrote in message (Greg) says:

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:22:05 -0500 (EST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (T.) wrote:

open till noon or 1 pm on saterdays. skeez
Damn - I live about 2 miles from there. I must have passed that place 100 times.
I think Ill check it out today.
Thanks for the info. _Rob

On 29 Dec 2003 20:39:24 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Greg) wrote:

ive known about this place for a few months. great guy to deal with and very resonable too. PLEASE dont let him know how cheep his stuff is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol... he has lignum vitee logs by the pallat for all you turners out there. 150.00 a pallet i think. skeez
Can someone give me directions? I have an office in Clayton off Rt. 40
4' x 8' mahogany for $17? wow! Wonder what cherry plywood is.
thanks dave

He's got just about everything but it seems that he has certain things that are an extra special deal. Someone came in after I left and bought all of the remaining 4x8 mahagony. He has a lot of strange sizes there. He had 4x6 mahagony plywood for $9.
Greg

He's got just about everything but it seems that he has certain things that are an extra special deal. Someone came in after I left and bought all of the remaining 4x8 mahagony. He has a lot of strange sizes there. He had 4x6 mahagony plywood for $9.
Dave, Do you ever buy from McEwen's? That's where I get my rough sewn lumber. They're in Clayton and have great prices to.
Greg

I live in Richmond, Va. We have a sister company that I visit every now and then that i think is less than 10 miles from this place.
If I could get plywood at those prices, I would drive down.
dave

Any idea if they have or had some cherry plywood?
thanks dave

Dave, I went by there today and you some prices for cherry plywood...1/8 - $16, 1/4 - $27, 1/2 - $35, 3/4 - $48. I'm not sure if that's a good price or because I've never bought any.
I never mentioned the name of this place...it's Jackson International Corporation 919-577-9994.
Greg

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 00:25:52 -0500 (EST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (T.) wrote:

hi JOAT. i may be headed that way in the next couple weeks. if i do i can get you over there. save your pennies as he has a lot of wood. skeez
On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 22:56:20 -0500 (EST), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (T.) wrote:

NP just give a shout.