Plate and bracket VS joinery (eg mortise & tenon) VS nails

I got a little cordless drill and I'm impressed with how easy it is to make shelves, racks, and perhaps tables as long as I use metal L-shaped brackets, and perhaps plates or if needed hinges too. One thing that had held me up from doing woodwork so far was learning all the wood joints, such as mortise and tenon and et cetera, which I kept putting off, but now I'm overcome with the urge to do all sorts of stuff given how simple it is with metal joints.
Another thing I like about metal joints for wood is that I can unscrew them later on and reassemble what I'd built elsewhere perhaps without the damage that would've occured from joinery or nails. If the 3mm screw no longer works I can use 3.5, 4 and 5. I can also reuse the wood with minimal damage to it.
What do you guys think? Am I missing out on anything?
Thanks.
You have got to invest in a good pocket hole jig, something like the Kreg Rocket! You will throw away the metal L brackets.

This is about the lamest attempt at a troll as I have ever seen. I think you and stryped should get together, you could learn a lot from each other.

It depends on what you're making. If you're building simple utilitarian bookcase that you want to be able to knock down and put back together in the future, then what you're doing is fine. OTOH, if you were to want to make some "fine furniture", then I doubt you'd find many here that would advocate a construction primarily of screwed metal brackets. Part of building nice furniture is that it not only works, but is aesthetically pleasing.
todd
The metal angle brackets won't give you much strength or support, so you need to be very careful how you use them. Any stress not directly straight or perpendicular will tear the screws out. Unless you use a lot of them across the length of the joined pieces, they won't support much weight.
If you structure your pieces so the brackets don't support any real weight but just keep things from sliding around, the only real drawback is that they're ugly.