Plans for a stand-alone single saddle rack?

A web search turned up a couple of pics (this one's a beaut: <http://www.lynchcustomwoodworking.com/mapmah%20saddle%20rack.htm ), but no plans per se. Can anyone point me in a fruitful direction?
Pay is fine, so is free.
If I was building one I wouldn't be asking, but this is for a colleague who's about 2,000 klicks away.
T'nx
djb
--
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
- Mark Twain.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
- Mark Twain.
The Dave Balderstone entity posted thusly:

Do tell! I am going to need a few in the spring.
<http://www.lynchcustomwoodworking.com/Custom_work.htm
Third down the page.
djb
--
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
- Mark Twain.

Looks nice David. Are you going to make something similar, the same or radically different than the one shown on the page above?
I haven't seen any that nice before. Most of the sadfdle racks I have seen had been made from poles in the old, rustic western pole construction model. Would such a narrow saddle rack tip over if you were to throw a saddle on it or take it off?

I'm not making one.

I have no idea. I don't ride.
--
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
- Mark Twain.
Shouldn't be a problem. Typically you set the saddle down on top and lift it up the same way - keeps the stirrups and riggin from hanging. I use the fold up racks and I don't think they are any wider at the base than the one in the picture.
Might make one of these except a little narrower. If it tips over easily it should dissuade the kids from riding the saddle when it's on the rack ;^)
\e

Yes, it would.

it
"CW" wrote in message

on
Not necessarily ... it depends on the style of saddle. The one in the picture appears to have been made for an English, or hunt seat saddle and tipping over would not be a problem.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

Thanks. Looks real nice. I am still debating whether to do a standalone or build some into the wall.
So did you find any plans? I like the one in the picture you had a link to, but I'm curious how high the center piece extends above the rest of the body.
Cliff

No. Once my colleague said the pic was enough, I stopped looking.
--
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
- Mark Twain.
Depends on your saddle. I think 2.5" is pretty standard, but your best bet would be to measure your horse at his withers, and then just behind his withers. If your saddle fits him make the rack to match.
Josh
AlohaCliff wrote:

The Josh entity posted thusly:

You could also place your saddle on a sawhorse and see what sort of gap is under the horn.
I made one for a good friend who rides hunter-jumpers. It is a little different. We call it the "horse of a different color". She thinks we should maybe go into business - what do you think?
Photos posted on ABPW as " a little different saddle rack" ______________________________ Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

You could serve the clown niche.