Planer question

Oh, we're being condescending now. Ok, jerkwad.

Do the math for me, then, genius. How much downward force is there when there is barely 1/16" clearance between the metal case of the planer and the bottom of the rollers.

Also, why is is that I push a board through the planer with very little effort with my fingertips on a planer with worn rollers and still get a full removal of material. And explain how I can do this on a cupped board. Do the math for me, Mr. Hawking.

I'm guessing you have experience with a planer that exerts a bunch of unnecessary downward force. Fine, I don't argue that your does that. But don't sit there and belittle my experience on my planer with your pissy little condescending attitude, Missy.

Reply to
-MIKE-

To those who offered help and advice, thanks. I got the problem solved. Simple, really. I rotated the blades.

Duh.

I was surprised they got so dull so fast but, then, they're just steel and I suppose I have put more stock through the planer than I thought.

Suspect I need to have a couple sets of blades on hand. Changing the blades around was really pretty simple. I had been dreading it but it isn't difficult at all.

Anyway, the new edges cut like champs and I made about 2/3 bag of shavings/chips for my DC with it.

Ralph (who still has lots to learn!)

Reply to
Ralph Compton

I'm no more condescending than you in "correcting" something that didn't need correction.

--

Reply to
dpb

Get over it and lighten up. You're the one who made an absolute statement that a planer won't do anything to correct cupping, which is completely false.

Sorry if you got offended at me "correcting" your false statement.

Reply to
-MIKE-

On 3/12/2012 9:43 PM, -MIKE- wrote: ...

You can ask and post whatever you want as long as you don't spout nonsense on top of me. You want to claim the planer is the tool of choice for flattening, go ahead, but do it on your own and I'll let it ride.

Stomp on my info to the OP and _THAT_ is interference up with which I will not put... :)

--

Reply to
dpb

Show me where I wrote that. I wrote, "I remove cupping all the time with my planer." That's quite a far cry from "tool of choice."

Stomp? Wow, I think you need a refresher course in reading comprehension

*and* you might want to see a doctor about your paranoia. :-p

Once again, get over yourself. I simply offered advice that was different than yours in a matter-of-fact, non-confrontational manner.

Reply to
-MIKE-

This is the world of illusion.

Reply to