Planer question

Holy cow, I went out of my way to give you the benefit of the doubt, which you omitted. I should've worded it better and for that, I apologize.

I figure the civility with which I've conducted this debate from the beginning would've warranted the same from you, when in fact I could've said from the very beginning that you're full of it... but didn't. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

For that I am supposed to be grateful? Or are you pretending to be sanctimonious?

You're a Glenn Beck fan, ain'tcha?

Reply to
Robatoy

Smiley face. Lighten up.

The lengths people will go to keep from admitting they were wrong... and for such a trivial thing.

Reply to
-MIKE-

You ARE a Glen Beck fan!!! Kinda figured as much.

You see... I was NOT wrong. MY jointer grabs a board when I try to pull it backwards. Fact. Now YOU, who does not have that happen on YOUR jointer, is trying to tell ME that it doesn't happen on MY jointer. Which makes YOU full of shit...not me.

Are you getting this yet Big Guy?

Reply to
Robatoy

Ahh, you got your little feelings hurt and now you're lashing out.

Let me use little words and short sentences so you can understand.

I never said it didn't happen with your jointer.

You said the following... "The porkchop shaped guard works as a cam and will stop a normal piece of wood from flying backwards." "If set up properly, the cam action will impede the movement backwards."

In the context of these two quotes, you were referring to jointers in general, not your own.

A bunch of guys report back that it doesn't work their jointers. More guys report they can't find reference anywhere of anti-kickback ever being mentioned as a purpose or benefit of the blade guard. You still claim you are not wrong, because it works on yours.

Who's full of it?

Reply to
-MIKE-

I'm the guy with the (sometimes) guardless jointer. What's that law about a discussion that devolves down to the point of "nazi" being uttered? Only this time, it's Glenn Beck! Tom

Reply to
tom

On Sep 15, 3:35=A0pm, -MIKE- wrote: [drivel snipped]

Shall I get you a saucer of milk?

Reply to
Robatoy

Come on now, there is a difference. Isn't there?

Reply to
Robatoy

Whose jointer was I talking about? Obviously not yours. But, hey, bro'... if you want to stick to your assumptions, go for it. I'm done here.

Reply to
Robatoy

Godwin's Law

FrozenNorth

I haven't watched his show, so I'm not sure. How do you feel about this Glenn Beck guy? Tom

Reply to
tom

An ex-drinker, aka a 'dry drunk' like George W Bush, and now will say anything to suck up to the redneck right-wing fundy lunatic Fox crowd. NOT that there is anything wrong with that. A guy has to make a living... no matter how.

Reply to
Robatoy

I never heard of him, either, but when I did a google search and found this down at the bottom....

Searches related to: glen beck

rush limbaugh michael savage sean hannity

....it became pretty clear where the Godwins Law reference came in.

nb

Reply to
notbob

Well, I never installed the factory guard on my 3 HP cabinet saw... opted to put a Biesemeyer T-Splitter on instead and it is highly unusual for me to not have it in place while making through cuts (exceptions are using the sled or the tenon jig). The 1.5 HP contractor saw before that started with the factory guard but it was such a nasty item to work with I took it off and shortly there after replaced it with a T-Splitter... Having been whacked twice by kickbacks that occurred when I was tired and didn't have a splitter installed is enough to convince me that it should be there. I don't use the guards over the blade though as I think being able to see what I'm doing and being able to use a push stick on narrow pieces are pretty important issues.

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

lol :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

That T-Splitter thing is kind of like keeping the guard, but just taking off the shield, right?

Since it's still guarding against half the potential danger, I'd say it's only half foolish. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

It's more like having a quick release riving knife with anti-kick back pawls that is convenient enough to use that it actually gets used... All that guard stuff that is cumbersome to remove and replace and/or interferes with push sticks is what ends up in the drawer or trash.

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

-------------------------------------------- An ex-drinker, aka a 'dry drunk' like George W Bush, and now will say anything to suck up to the redneck right-wing fundy lunatic Fox crowd.

Dateline Hesperia, CA

Quite a brouhaha in this high desert community east of Los Angeles.

A bank has put up a billboard in Spanish as part of a campaign to attract new customers.

The "Whitey" element is screaming that the billboard is "un-American".

(The over 50, gray at the temples and wearing a baseball hat with military markings crowd)

So what else is new?

The "Whitey" element of our population is feeling threatened by current events.

Many of the jobs they performed for generations have disappeared and will not return.

Non white immigrants are moving into once all white areas, taking the low wage jobs, operating the high risk businesses(Want the night shift at your local

7-11?), but more importantly, filling the seats of the classes of our colleges and universities.

A man of mixed race is president.

How long will it be before mixed marriage invades the "Whitey" gene pool?

Will it ever end?

Face it, the "Whitey" portion of the population will no longer be a majority portion of the population in a few years and there is little they can do about it so when the bigots feed on their apprehensions, they tend to run in circles, scream and shout rather than try to adapt and move on, which is what we are seeing from the Republicans in Congress these days.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Oh yeah? Well chew on this one for a while:

Subj: Moving to Mexico

I can't stand it anymore, so I'm moving on if Obama can pull some strings for me. Hope they have some nice golf courses in Mexico

Dear Mr. President:

I'm planning to move my family and extended family into Mexico for my health, and I would like to ask you to assist me.

We're planning to simply walk across the border from the U.S. Into Mexico , and we'll need your help to make a few arrangements. We plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas and laws.

I'm sure they handle those things the same way you do here. So, would you mind telling your buddy, President Calderon, that I'm on my way over?

Please let him know that I will be expecting the following:

  1. Free medical care for my entire family.
  2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might need, whether I use them or not.
  3. Please print all Mexican government forms in English.
  4. I want my grandkids to be taught Spanish by English-speaking (bi-lingual) teachers.
  5. Tell their schools they need to include classes on American culture and history.
  6. I want my grandkids to see the American flag on one of the flag poles at their school.
  7. Please plan to feed my grandkids at school for both breakfast and lunch.
  8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy access to government services.
  9. I do plan to get a car and drive in Mexico , but, I don't plan to purchase car insurance, and I probably won't make any special effort to learn local traffic laws.
  10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo from their president to leave me alone, please be sure that every patrol car has at least one English-speaking officer.
  11. I plan to fly the U.S. Flag from my house top, put U S. Flag decals on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.
  12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, or have any labor or tax laws enforced on any business I may start.
  13. Please have the president tell all the Mexican people to be extremely nice and never say a critical things about me or my family, or about the strain we might place on their economy.
  14. I want to receive free food stamps.
  15. Naturally, I'll expect free rent subsidies.
  16. I'll need Income tax credits so although I don't pay Mexican Taxes, I'll receive money from the government.
  17. Please arrange it so that the Mexican Gov't pays $ 4,500 to help me buy a new car.
  18. Oh yes, I almost forgot, please enroll me free into the Mexican Social Security program so that I'll get a monthly income in retirement.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all these things for all his people who come to the U.S. From Mexico . I am sure that President Calderon won't mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely.

Thank you so much for your kind help. You're the man!!!

Joe Hall

LaQuinta, CA

Reply to
Steve Turner

Okay, you repost a blow hard like Joe Hall which is fine, but it solves nothing and more to the point what is/are your suggestion(s) to address the problem?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett