Plane plight for type of #8 (Lots of text)

I just bought a numbah 8 Stanley Bailey for $50, I got lucky with the seller because he wanted $95. This was seriously cool of him considering the ... you all know the rest.
Anyway I click on http://www.hyperkitten.com/tools/stanley_bench_plane/dating / to find out the type from their "link flow" (as I call it), which is pretty nifty. It's got two patent dates, so it is a type 9 or 10, yeah? Types 9-10: "Is the frog rib the enlarged and arched type?" YES. Result is that it is a type 10. So then I click: "Go to the 'Plane Type Study' (link) for information on features introduced in this plane type", made in 1907 - 1909:
"The rib (the one the frog rides over) is enlarged and arched."
Never saw any other kind in the older planes myself, it certainly "looks" enlarged and arched... it is a center rib. It is about 3/16" or 1/4" wide, slopes downward to the mouth.
"A frog adjustment screw, first offered on the Bed Rock planes, is now added."
Not on this one. There is no frog adjustment screw on the back and no tap for one.
"This is located below the frog, and engages a fork that is screwed to the frog. A turn of this screw will move the frog forward or backward, depending on the direction it is turned."
Not applicable.
Looking closely at blood and gore page # 1, I have a frog reciever that is not mentioned or shown in the one picture of the four types, though it is closest to the third type. Mine does not have the routed cut-out where the frog adjustment screw is usually screwed into, no tap there, and that back outside wall of the reciever is flat. On the frog itself there is no tap for the screw that holds the U-shaped thing that works with the frog adjustment screw. It is the third type, only without frog adjustment.
This could not possibly be a frankenplane, it is too perfect, I know my intuition serves me well on technical things. I do have a digital camera and do know Photoshop. Any thoughts? Anyone got a type?
Alex

Big flat bit at the bottom ? Sharp thing sticking out ? Congratulations, it's a plane. If you're lucky you even get handles.

What in the world is your problem? Just trying to find the type, ay?
Alex

Yes. It's either a 9 or a 10. More likely than not a 9 as the 9 was somewhat of a transition plane (between the 8 and 10). What happened was you would get planes that were somewhat frankensteined from the factory. Probably meant to confuse future collectors <g>. The same thing happened on the Type 11 as it was also somewhat of a transition plane. Significant frankensteining of the type 11 included the occasional tall front knob and the infamous v-logo blade replaced with the type 9/10 blade (stanley rule and level tm). Getting back to your plane though was the fact of the missing frog adjustment screw. That was pretty much the giveaway that it is more likely than not a number 9 that has some 10 characteristics. Don't fight it. It will only drive you nuts. SH

short period of time, it doesn't bother me. The plane type link flow says because it has that fat arched rib, it is a type 10, so it is a very early one or a late type 9. Awesome. The Frog is still very adjustable because of slots for the screws that hold it down. It's also unique because it's almost exactly like a pre-lateral frog but with lateral adjustment, and more arched top. Thanks for the reply.
Alex
AAvK wrote:

You can post pix if it worries you too much, but it's prolly a 9-10 just like you figured. Stnaley used parts 'till they ran outta them so don't sweat it. Sharpen the sucker up and use it. Count your planes and tell me when they shart invading the living spaces. %-)
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

encouragement.
Alex
AAvK wrote:

You can post pix if it worries you too much, but it's prolly a 9-10 just like you figured. Stanley used parts 'till they ran outta them, so don't sweat it. Sharpen the sucker up and use it. Count your planes and tell me when they shart invading the living spaces. %-)
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work