Plan for CABBAGE SLICER or Shredder WANTED

I've done a search on google for "cabbage slicer plan" and "cabbage shredder plan" without getting a good hit. I'd like to make one that has three blades set at an angle. (remembered from grandpa's)
Thanks, Doug in western NC
Grandma called that a "kraut cutter". I have seen smaller ones for slicing onions etc called "mandolins"
DexAZ

http://www.kitchenemporium.com/cgi-bin/kitchen/prod/18vw379.html
some calculations required.
more at http://www.peasandcornco.com/cabbage_cutter.asp
www.google.com 0.60 seconds to search cabbage+slicer.
Rick

I don't have plans, but I could take some pix of mine if you'd like. (I picked it up at a yard sale last year for a couple of bucks).
djb
--
There are no socks in my email address.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
djb,
Yes, I'd like some pics if you can get in tight with the blade mounting and include a scale. Thanks, Doug
On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 20:34:48 GMT, Dave Balderstone

I'll snag the digital camera from work over the weekend.
djb
--
There are no socks in my email address.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
[[ This message was both posted and mailed: see the "To," "Cc," and "Newsgroups" headers for details. ]]

Doug,
You can have a look at <http://www.balderstone.ca/mandoline/indexpage.html
Thanks for asking about this... The rust you'll see in a couple of the pics is just on the surface, but the mandoline would have sat for a year if I hadn't hauled it out today. Hate to think how bad it would have been at that point, even if I did only pay $2 for it.
;-)
djb
--
There are no socks in my email address.

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Thanks for those great pictures, Dave! While we have cut this season's cabbage with the food processor, I'll be thinking about this as a project this winter.
Thank you, again. Doug in western NC
On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 16:51:51 GMT, Dave Balderstone

No worries. If you have any questions let me know.
djb
--

These should give you some ideas: http://www.kitchenemporium.com/cgi-bin/kitchen/prod/18vw379.html http://www.kitchenkrafts.com/product.asp?product=FP0380 http://www.widerview.com/v379-02.html