Plan for a workbench

Hi, Does anyone know where I can get a plan for a good woodwork bench (about 6 foot long) Thanks , Jack
Jack,
I built my bench using "American Woodworkers $250 Workbench" plans. I couln't be happier with the results.
I don't have a copy to send you but I know you can order them from American Woodworker.
"JJ" <johnfitzATclear.net.nz> wrote in message

Yes, I am currently building one found on www.buildeazy.com (free as are most of their plans), it's been a piece of cake so far and I've never built anything before. :) Sure, my effort is a little rough around the edges because I don't have the best tools for the job but the 1/3 completed bench is sturdy and a good size.
Cheers, Max
"JJ" <johnfitzATclear.net.nz> wrote in message

http://absolutelyfreeplans.com/WORKSHOP%20PROJECTS/workshop_projects.htm
The original design came from AW over 10 years ago. A couple of years back another individual wanted plans to build a bench that also required minimal tools. He also had a couple of other requests. Since I had built the bench that was featured in AW, I fired up AutoCad, made the requested modifications and sent the drawings off. Had a number of requests for the bench in different formats (dwg, dxf and pdf) and an individual (forgot his name) kindly converted the drawings to pdf format and Ernie Hunt posted them to his site for downloading. I just checked and they're still available to download.
http://www.huntfamily.com/work_bench.htm
May or may not be to your liking but several others have used the plans and made their own modifications to suit their needs and pocketbook.
Bob S.
"JJ" <johnfitzATclear.net.nz> wrote in message

"JJ" <johnfitzATclear.net.nz> wrote in

Greetings,
When I made my bench, I documented the the process, while its not really a plan, I think it would give some pretty good insight on making your own bench...if you would like to see how it went together, go to:
http://dchaynie.home.mindspring.com/contents.htm
Click on the projects link to see the bench...its about six feet long, made for neandering....mostly anyway...:>
hope this helps...
DCH
Hi Jack,
Try here