Ping Rob Stokes

We haven't seen nor heard from you since the 3rd. acquisition of the shopless band saw. (or at least my ISP hasn't shown the post yet.) Did you make it through and with what story did you decide on? Let us know you can still type with a couple of non-broken fingers. :-)

Jums

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

"Rob Stokes" whispered in a message:

Glad to hear you're still with us - just remember . . . women know what to do in their own good time! :-)

Congrats on the smooth transition to Mega Master of the Band Saws! LOL!

Jums

Reply to
Jim Mc Namara

Hey there Jimbo....I posted a short tale but didn;t see it appear now that you mention it. here's a cut 'n paste...

I did tell her...*that* time finally arrived. Her sister came over from the island to go dragon boat racing so I "suggested" I take the kids and she go spend the day with her sister. They left and after they were around the corner I had the utility trailer loaded and the kids buckled up. An hour later and we were at Randy's house where the saw was as advertised and soon loaded and lashed. An hour later I unloaded it at home (neighbours watching...me explaining...me asking for ten minutes with SWMBO when she came home before they came over....) and put the trailer away right where it was...and waited...

When she came home tired after a hot day at the river I asked her if she wanted to see the latest toy...."sure dear". Down we went and all I got is That's nice. Was it this clean or did you clean it.?". That's it....that was the total conversation, other than her asking if I wanted her to swing by the Salvation Army and pick up an old blanket to toss over it while it's in storage.

I'm still waiting for the other shoe,.,,but I'm starting to believe in hope....

So...it looks like I'll have a JET 12" band saw for sale soon. I bought a "few" Timberwolf blades for it before I moved back to Canada but...they're packed. As soon as I find them I'll work to get back to two bandsaws.....hey....when I sell it, I'll have "woodworking cash" available....Wonder what I should get?

Shhh...........!!

Rob

Reply to
Rob Stokes

I got a feeling it's her sympathy showing for you loosing the new shop with the move.

-- Jack Novak Buffalo, NY - USA

Reply to
Nova

She seems like a really nice lady. Sort of like mine, real tolerant....

Phil

Rob Stokes wrote:

Reply to
PC

I dunno but there's this used Unisaw I've found and, well.....

Rob

Reply to
Rob Stokes

! ?

Noooo, not another one - surely?! ;O)

That'd be a hole no one could dig you out of!

Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 23:54:59 +0100, Gnube Crawled out of the shop and said. . .:

hehe, could always "hide" it at my house,,,course im not gonna promise you get it back Rob. . .

Traves *G*

Reply to
Traves W. Coppock