Ping Leon: Makita Trim Router Guide Bushing Adapter

Leon,

The more I look at the Makita videos, the more I'm convinced that the MLCS Rocky 30 is a re-branded Makita. Not only the router itself, but the plunge base also.

I called MLCS and asked about a guide bushing adapter for the Rocky 30 plunge base and they said they are "working on getting one approved" but it could be a few months.

The description for the following adapter says that it fits the plunge base on the Makita RT0700, RT0700C, RT701C and RTO701CX3. Assuming that my plunge base is indeed a re-branded Makita, this is what I need in order to use guide bushings, right?

(P.S. I played with the router this weekend and am working on a review. Soon!)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

According to the information on the link you provided it should fit. But it looks nothing like the one for my Makita.

Leon

Interesting. That view of your plunge base looks exactly like mine with one minor exception: The empty holes on your base have smoother countersink than mine. It looks like your mounting screws would sit flush (or lower) if you dropped them in those holes, while mine would sit proud.

In any case, I ordered the adapter on eBay. For $10, it's worth a shot.

Thanks for the pics.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Yes! Certainly worth a shot.