Pictures of my first box

Hi all, I just completed my first wooden box and have posted pics in a.b.p.w if anyone is interested. Just wanted to share with fellow woodworkers. Be careful though the files are large. Thanks, Gene
--

This message has been scanned by Norton Anti-virus software

Every time I see one of these "My first..." photo posts, I expect to see some kind of basic work by a relative newbie. But they always end up being some amazing work of art by someone quite talented. For those of us who are newbies and are proud that we can make a single straight cut once in a while, how about if you use a title like "Built a million widgets, now I tried a box" :-)
Mike PS - That box is lovely.
Uh, where is "a.b.p.w"???

bryanwi wrote:

It looks like you're using 'google' as your server of the wreck so you won't get a.b.p.w.
If your isp has newsgroup availability see if you can access it there otherwise use this link (and there are others) to see what's been archived from a.b.p.w.
http://www.usenet-replayer.com/groups/alt%2Ebinaries%2Epictures%2Ewoodworking.en.html.gz
Gary (no not that one, the other one) Williams, in Phoenix, AZ, USA
GeeDubb wrote:

That's pretty cool! Somebody shouldda mentioned that a long time ago.
You obviously have newsgroup acceessibility or you wouldn't be reading this. A.B.P.W stands for Alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking. On your toolbar click newsgroups and enter this into the newsgroup form. Then click "go there"
Bill
--
http://home.earthlink.net/~billbernice1 /
"bryanwi" < snipped-for-privacy@seanet.com> wrote in message
Bill Orr wrote:

binary groups. Sometimes it pays to look at the OP 'properties' before posting.
Gary (yea, that one) Williams, Phoenix, AZ USA
Yes, after reading the properties, details it looks like you are right, Gary Bill
--
http://home.earthlink.net/~billbernice1 /

"GeeDubb" < snipped-for-privacy@qwest.net> wrote in message
alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking = a.b.p.w
On 20 Dec 2003 11:16:31 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@seanet.com (bryanwi) wrote:

I have a question about your nice box. Are the bands on top inlayed with something or are they notched and filled with something like epoxy paste and then sanded down. I may want to use that technique.
Bill
--
http://home.earthlink.net/~billbernice1 /