Philips Wood screws

Reply to
Steve

40 years ago would be 1971. WEST epoxy, polyurethane, Torx fasteners, all were available then.
Reply to
J. Clarke

Err.... actually, Philips is a tradename, and it's licensed so there's probably some genuine standards commitment there. Philips markings on a screwdriver used to mean some assurance of quality (maybe still does).

Reply to
whit3rd

It's also a callout.

I can show you any number of unambitious and acceptable assembly drawings and bills of material that call out Philips screws.

Tradename doesn't matter. I can call out a Philips screw just as I can call out Delrin or or Meehanite as a material.

Or maybe I've missed your point...

Reply to
Jim Stewart

whit3rd wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@glegroupsg2000goo.googlegroups. com:

Just a quick tack with a welder solves quite a few problems...

Epoxy for those screws that you can't weld...

Go through a lot of screw drivers that way, but for not having to have a thousand bits it's a good thing, eh?

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

And not one of them made in China.