Peachtree Woodworking = Cheaptree

Page 2 of 2
On 11/10/2012 7:24 AM, Swingman wrote:

http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus28-advertising-and-marketing-internet-rules-road
I didn't see anything in that doc that said what peachtree did was illegal.
Running out of stock because you oversold is fine if you had enough stock on hand to begin the sale.
If you had 5 pieces knowing you would sell 200 well then your an Ahole vendor.
But this is probably not the case with Peachtree. I have bought from them in the past and will continue to.
I prefer Lee Valley over most others.
On 11/12/2012 8:21 AM, Unquestionably Confused wrote: > On 11/11/2012 12:09 PM, Bill wrote: >> Ed Pawlowski wrote: > >>> >>> I have a $100 bill I want to send to you. It may be in 6 to 8 weeks. >>> It may be in 6 to 8 months. You're going to pass it up because I >>> can't give you a precise time? Good thing you are not in my will, >>> that would make you crazy. >>> >> >> If I had to pay you $75 for your "deal" (promise to send me $100) I >> would pass, not because I doubt your word or sincerity to follow >> through, but I don't want to add "being concerned about it" to my to-do >> list. In fact, unless I pay you something, called "consideration" and >> we set at least an approximate time, we wouldn't even have a >> deal/contract. > > > But your deal, Bill, was closer to: > > Hey, send me $75 and I'll send you $100 (or, maybe $75) immediately (and > they did) with a promise to send you an additional sum ($25, $35, $50 or > whatever)later.
In your mind, not mine. How could you be so familiar with my marginal utility for some rotary tools and batteries?
> > Unfortunately for them (and us) they had the audacity to wait almost 5 > months to give you the extra $$.
I agree that "audacity" is very close to the right word. I'm sorry if you don't like that I shared my experience. Who knows, maybe some of our words will get back to Robert Bosch?
Cheers, Bill