PC vrs Bosch ROS

Has anyone out there used both the Porter Cable 7335(or 7336) and the Bosch 3725 (or 3727). I have heard good things about both and am trying to decide between the two. Did a Google search and couldn't find anything that compared the two head to head so I thought I'd see if any of you had used them both and could offer some insight as to pros and cons. Thanks BC

I have owned the single speed version of the PC 7335 for 15 years now. I like it and it is quite aggressive. I do not recommend that you use this as a finish sander. I use this sander for the initial sanding and follow up with the PC SpedBloc.
Hi BC, The september issue of Fine Homebuilding did a review of ROSs. They broke them down into three groups based upon body shape and use. The PC you mentioned was in the Rough applications and large surface sander group and was given the "best Value" badge. But as Leon says, it is not for fine sanding. The Bosch was in the medium removal group. They thought it had above average vibration. They gave the Makita 6030, Metabo 450/Ridgid 2610 better grades in that price category. Hope this helps. Cheers, JG
BC wrote:

Thanks everyone that at least gives me some ideas. BC