Paint for resin columns on house?

Can you guys recommend a good paint for resin based columns on my house? Any sites with prep info appreciated. Can I use a gloss too?

Thanks

Reply to
bringmewater

Manufacturer of the columns recommends???

Reply to
dpb

I just went through a real tribulation trying to 'scuff sand' some tiles in the bathroom.{To put up a 'tub surround} All the 'instructions' & 'experts' said a simple sanding with 220 grit would do the job - even for Ceramic. I went all the way to Carbide tools and Acid Etch . . and all I did was get VERY CLEAN tile. Finally someone told me that meant they were probably PORCELAIN.

Then my 'boatbuilder brain' piped up . . . K.I.S.S. Got my can of B.I.N. {by Zinsser ?} alcohol-based primer {really FAST drying} and slapped on a couple of coats . . . and 'Bob's your Uncle' !! {This is what I use when I need a 'tie coat' between an epoxy surface/sheathing.and finish coats of paint, etc.}

This is what I would try, first. Simple, inexpensive, and any mistakes can be removed with denatured alcohol.

Ron Magen