padding shellac for the first time

This old dog just learned a new old trick.
Decided to pad shellac onto some maple shelves I'm making for the office.
Lovely. Wow! Super finish and no worries about repairing drips.
Not as good as that thing the wife does, but a lot easier to initiate!
djb
Just nosy I guess, but what is it your wife does that's so good?

Son, you're either single or you've been married waaaay too long -- to the wrong woman!
Neither actually, 32 years to a great lady. It was just an innocent question. Thought perhaps the reference was to 'french polishing'. And here I am being accused of some kind of innuendo :) Oh dear.
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:49:49 -0600, Dave Balderstone wrote:

I'm not sure how to read that last sentence as written.
What did you use for your pad? Any old rag, or did you get new fabric? (I have my own ideas, just want to hear your approach.)
Welcome to the S'lackers!
--
"Keep your ass behind you"
vladimir a t mad scientist com

Linen outside really keeps the wear and fuzz under control. That's tradition for a reason. Anything that soaks up shellac on the inside works at my house.

I picked up a pack of "coffee cloths" at Wally World. They're sort of like a heavy J-Cloth. Lint free and work well as far as I can tell.
djb