P-C 890-series router + veritas router table -- above-table height adjustment rod?

Hello,
(I've never used a 890-series before... this may end up being a dumb question.)
How does the above-table height adjustment knob work? Would it work with the Veritas router table system? I assume you need to pass the adjustment rod through the access hole in the top -- is there a minimum size of access hole you need in order to use the adjustment rod?
Thanks!
- Daniel

There are two holes required, both about 7/16". One allows you to unlock the cam that holds the router body and the second to make the adjustment. You don't need the PC tool; a screwdriver-like socket wrench of the appropriate size will work and may be cheaper.
Looking at the LV web site, it seems that the holes will have to be drilled in the metal. There's a template that comes with the router and the holes are 2.25 inches from the center of the router collet (that's to the inside edge of the hole, not the center of the hole). Measure that distance on your table and make sure it doesn't interfere with the mounting of the table inserts. LV says they're 3 5/8" diameter (1.81" radius) so you should have about 2.25-1.81 = .44" to play with.
Mike
My ancient Freud started smelling bad and then tripped the breaker a couple of weeks ago. In the middle of the project, SWMBO and I headed for Rockler. She didn't object to an 890 and the plate that goes with it. Love it. So far, So good. I adjusted the Freud from under the table for the past ten years and this is better. No slam on the Freud. For the money, it was fine and I hope to get it repaired.
rhg
Michael Daly wrote:

My ancient Freud started smelling bad and then tripped the breaker a couple of weeks ago. In the middle of the project, SWMBO and I headed for Rockler. She didn't object to an 890 and the plate that goes with it. Love it. So far, So good. I adjusted the Freud from under the table for the past ten years and this is better. No slam on the Freud. For the money, it was fine and I hope to get it repaired.
rhg
Michael Daly wrote:

I've had the 890 router for several months and have it permanently mounted in a table. The problem with this router is that it has to be removed from the fixed base about every one hour its run because saw dust builds up between the router and the base and the adjustment becomes very difficultif not impossibel to turn. It's a very irritating problem. Other than that, the router works great.
Neal

Michael Daly wrote:

Has anyone attempted this? Any recommendations you wish to share?
Thanks again.