Our Christmas present

Page 1 of 3
Wellllllll the time has finally come. Kim and I will be doing the final walk through tomorrow, close on Tuesday, and start the move. Hopefullay we will not have much left to move by the following Monday. We are renting a lift gate truck for the shop machinery and the big stuff.
A couple of out side pictures,
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5274417138/in/set-72157625037420134/#/photos/lcb11211/5274417138/in/set-72157625037420134/lightbox /
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5274417138/in/set-72157625037420134/#/photos/lcb11211/5273812267/in/set-72157625037420134/lightbox/

Congratulations! Happy Holidays and a productive 2011!
--
Best regards
Han

Thank you Han

I am genuinely happy for you and yours. What a nice way to ring in the New Year as well!

I am genuinely happy for you and yours. What a nice way to ring in the New Year as well!
Thank you. I hope we can relax enough to enjoy new years. ;~)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5274417138/in/set-72157625037420134/#/photos/lcb11211/5274417138/in/set-72157625037420134/lightbox /
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5274417138/in/set-72157625037420134/#/photos/lcb11211/5273812267/in/set-72157625037420134/lightbox /
Hey, you get to move for Christmas. Yeah!!
It looks like the folks you hired did what they were supposed to do when they were supposed to do it. Imagine, folks who tell you what they are going to do, and then actually do it!
Life must be good in the twilight zone. <G>
"Lee Michaels" <leemichaels*nadaspam* at comcast dot net> wrote in message

I'll have to say that there were no surprises that we could not correct. I feel that we got a pretty good deal on everything and they were accommodating on those items that were a matter of fitting into the builders given budget. The fact that I visited the site probably 20 times during the build may not have hurt either. ;~) The weather absolutely cooperated also.
"Leon" wrote:

--------------------------- Congratulations.
Enjoy.
My parents moved into a house they built after Christmas 1947.
New Year's 1948 was quite an event for the family.
Lew

Thank you Lew, Deja Vu! Coincidentally had we closed on Jan 9 instead of Dec 21 we would have lived in our current home for 30 years. It was going to be a starter home and then life happened. ;~) It is once again a starter home, for our son. He bought it from us in October with many more upgrades than it originally had. ;~)

Congrats, Leon. It has been a long time coming.
Now go dig that bloody mulch away from those poor tree trunks before it kills each and every one of those trees! (or is it beveled down to the ground there? I can't quite make it out, but it looks as if there are 6" of mulch all the way up to and against the trunk.)
-- "A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." --Edward Abbey
On 12/19/2010 7:05 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

It's an insidious plot to kill all the trees in Texas to make it look more homey, like Northern Mexico. ;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

I think you've uncovered an Obamunist plot, Swingy! That's why Dems are pushing for "immigration reform", to debark and kill all our trees. Next they'll be after the poor Canuckistanis!
-- "A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government." --Edward Abbey

Already aware of what too much mulch and or dirt can do if it is pilled too high around the tree, and around the trunk is not the only problem. It is not very deep at all, most of the bulge is the ball that came with the tree.
Thanks
Leon wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5274417138/in/set-72157625037420134/#/photos/lcb11211/5274417138/in/set-72157625037420134/lightbox /
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5274417138/in/set-72157625037420134/#/photos/lcb11211/5273812267/in/set-72157625037420134/lightbox /
Merry Christmas! That is a heap of house. Looks well built, too.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Thank you Gerald.
Leon wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5274417138/in/set-72157625037420134/#/photos/lcb11211/5274417138/in/set-72157625037420134/lightbox /
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5274417138/in/set-72157625037420134/#/photos/lcb11211/5273812267/in/set-72157625037420134/lightbox /
May I ask an ignorant question? Does the tension rods eliminate the need for rebar? I've never been around when tension rods were used. When the slab for our last house was poured, they used the channels like yours, tons of rebar, but no stress rods. It cracked anyway.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

I am no expert on the matter however when I took archetectural drafting in school the standard was rebar every where. It looked like we were designing freeway concrete overpasses. Our current 30 year old house and this house use tension cables. After the concrete has had a period of time to cure but not too long the nuts on the ends of each cable are tightened to a predetermined torque. To the best of my knowledge this does not acutally prevent cracks especially surface cracks but it is supposed to prevent the seperation of the foundation in the event it cracked all the way through.
Leon wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5274417138/in/set-72157625037420134/#/photos/lcb11211/5274417138/in/set-72157625037420134/lightbox /
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5274417138/in/set-72157625037420134/#/photos/lcb11211/5273812267/in/set-72157625037420134/lightbox /
I could see this system used in earthquake prone areas but Texas? Wasn't aware Texas had earthquake problems or is it Expansive Soils? Seems like a lot of work and expense to keep concrete from cracking. Haven't even seen that systems used in California where I would expect it, with all their silly regulations on the most minor things.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
On 12/20/2010 9:15 AM, Rich wrote: