Other WWNGs

Folks -

I follow this group several times a day, and while some might suggest I could use more time out, or at least in the shop, I am wondering if there are other WW newsgroups out there besides this one and the posts at FWW. Do y'all have any others that you keep up with? I'd like MORE.... I just wish that all of the wood mags were weekly.... hehehhehe... Any links, etc would be appreciated....

TIA

John Moorhead

Reply to
john moorhead

john moorhead asks;

try Wood Central.

Run by Ellis Walentine, former editor of American Woodworker (in its Rodale incarnation).

Excellent moderated group.

Charlie Self

"Men willingly believe what they wish." Julius Caesar, De Bello Gallico

Reply to
Charlie Self

There is the OWWM but we don't necessarily talk about wooddorking but more the finding and resurrecting of old wooddorking machinery. OK, the truth is some of us are just there to live vicariously trough the exploits of others.

OWWM The Forum:

The Web Site:

Now that I'm dome with my shameless whoring, the guys at Shop Notes have a number of forums as does Wood magazine but on the Wood forums it looks as though Marlin is continuously breaking in with *updates* from the home office in Des Moines. It gets rather annoying after a while and starts smelling like processed ham. in a can.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

It's nice to be noticed. Thanks.

LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

There are at present some 311 different wood working discussion lists in Yahoo Groups.

Gotta be something there you'll like . . . Cheers, Fred McClellan the dash plumber at mindspring dot com

Reply to
Fred McClellan

I like the spaltedboard.com forums. There isn't loads of traffic...so I don't burn nearly as much time there ;)

The S/N ratio is pretty high.

Reply to
Chris Merrill

Be sure to check out alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking for pictures and discussions of projects. I find even more information from the google archives. There is more than you could ever read about woodworking stored there.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

john moorhead:

*****

Not a discussion group, but a link, anyway: I have a web site that offers free space to display your work if you don't have any other place.

alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking is OK, but I think that looking at pix on a web site is more convenient -- especially if you want to e-mail friends or family and point them to the site to see what you just finished.

Davoud

Reply to
Davoud

Lazarus Long

Tom Watson

Ah but him freshly remarried and to tell you the truth, him be honeymooning and I ain't knocking while the house be a rocking.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Just to add that there is always a tool give away. Worth it even if you only visit once a month:)

Reply to
Young Carpenter

Ahhhh... one of your newest talents comes to the surface...

But some how, I never pictured you as a rapper....

Unisaw A100 wrote:

Reply to
Pat Barber