OT: United 93

Saw the movie today, very Very emotional. Grown men were crying women were in tears. As a Former United employee I thought the movie was well done down to even minute details. I can say that I recommend it to everyone as like I said it was very emotional, I live in PA so that is twice the emotion for me, having lost two close friends in the aircraft.

Anyone else seen it, goin to see it what are the thoughts here?

Searcher

Reply to
Shopdog

My thought is that it has nothing whatsoever to do with woodworking, and should be taking to the appropriate usenet group.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

I knew someone out there would have something narrowminded to say. I woodwork as much aas the next guy. All kinds of stories are told in the shop, I'd like to think of this as "the Shop".

Thanks for your thoughts though

Searcher

Reply to
Shopdog

Sorry to hear you lost some friends on that flight. Sounds like the movie should be mandatory viewing. I will see it but as you've just found out, the majority of the so-called fellow woodworkers here are self-centered, vindictive asses. Got a good dose of that from them today also.

Bob S.

Reply to
BobS

This is not really a woodworking question but the range of knowledge in this group gives me confidence that someone here will know the product I'm looking for. I have an existing ceiling that I want to cover. Somewhere I read of a product to do this. It was somewhat along the line of a suspended ceiling but attached directly to existing sheetrock and only lowered the ceiling height by an inch or two. Does this ring a bell to someone and could you give me some pointers as to what to look for? Thanks for your time.

AGREED TO WHAT?

Reply to
Shopdog

If all you want is talk about woodworking ,maybe you should hang out at wood.com instead. Jim

Reply to
Jim Northey

Armstrong makes tile you can apply directly to any existing surface. There is also a product that uses a minimal depth grid:

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Trying to get on topic with an OT heading won't work well either. Properly posted, you may get the information you are looking for. You posted the United 93 question to at least one other group also. Does not seem very appropriate.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

*whoosh*

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

Somewhere you got lost go back turn around and redirect yourself to the correct heading, the ceiling ? was an OT that CW posted awhile back , even though he stated that my OT post was not in relation to woodworking, so I picked out his that was not related to WW

Back to United 93 now

Reply to
Shopdog

Pretty lame. If you don't see the difference, you have a problem.

Reply to
CW

Technically not lame, your post had nothing whatsoever to do with wood working, neither does mine. Sure your's was about working around the house and we here have ideas the may help you. But you brought it up in "the shop" so we listen. I too brought something up in "the shop" I should get the same respect. So, when your at work and someone brings up a topic not related to work, you shun them and tell them that this is not the place for that content. What do you do have a dinner party and talk about the food. Hell no you talk you have idle chit chat. I thought that this is a group for people who have something in common, woodworking, we get "together" and share WW thoughts and ideas and along the lines other topics happen thats why we use OT, to let others know that this is not about WW but is something we would like to bring up in "the shop".

Sorry to tick you off but you asked for it

Reply to
Shopdog

Missed your meds today?

Why not take them and quietly go back to sleep?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Here's your woodworking angle - Make yourself a bat, club or whatever out of your favorite hardwood and swing away at the terrorists and a select few lefties. Rinse and repeat.

Reply to
Jim Toomb