OT - Two things ...

Page 1 of 2
... are suddenly noticeable in their ubiquity:
Quarterbacks lifting one leg right before the snap, and the use of the word "passed" for "died".
Monkeys see, monkeys do?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07

Do you sing along with that show? ;~)
Wed, Jan 16, 2008, 2:51pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@swbell.net (Leon) doth sayeth: Do you sing along with that show? ;~)
Do, I don't. You saying you do?
JOAT 10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I don't have a problem with a woman president - just not Hillary.
(Leon)

;~) The wheels on the bus go round and round........
Wed, Jan 16, 2008, 2:48pm (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@swbell.net (Leon) doth sayeth: ;~) The wheels on the bus go round and round........
Damn. I really need to pay closer attention.
JOAT 10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I don't have a problem with a woman president - just not Hillary.
Wed, Jan 16, 2008, 2:48pm (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@swbell.net (Leon) did put out: ;~) The wheels on the bus go round and round.......
Oooo, you lied. I watched the Magic Schoolbus this morning, and they NEVER played that. I'll probably never believe you again. .
JOAT 10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I don't have a problem with a woman president - just not Hillary.
J T wrote:

Why does this bring to mind a scene with some folks sitting on the floor in a circle and one of them staring, fascinated, at his hand. "Wow, man, have you ever looked, I mean really *looked* at your hand?" :-)
Sorry. We now return you to your regular rec.ww content

Must be a 60's thing.
--
Dave in Houston

jc
Joe wrote:

... or sumthin' ;-)

Yeah, he is trying to claim/be a part of some of that "Glory Dance" displayed when a touch down is scored.
and the use of the word

Confusing ain't it. Makes as much sense as "My Bad".

And to stay on topic, ;~) Why is it often a slow rainy morning on the day you need to so a lot of sanding?

Ahem... not a sports buff myself, but I do enjoy a good baseball game immensely.
But... the leg pump in the shotgun formation was created due of the fact that the guys on the field literally cannot hear the snap count. In the shotgun where they are a few feet away, I think most quarterbacks have complained that when playing on another's home turf they cannot hear anything. So think about the center, literally pointed the other way trying to pick up the count...
So it becomes a timing issue, with the QB yelling as loudly as he can to draw off sides the other team if possible. The snap from the center then becomes based on visual cues; a leg pump, then a two count then "hike", or a leg pump and a one count, or an immediate transfer in some cases. This awkward looking moment was actually born out of necessity.
Living in San Antonio, we have the Spurs, and our +/- 25,000 capacity arena in which they play. The ATT Center is ften voted as the loudest NBA venue by NBA teams and fans. During playoffs (or any Dallas game) it is so loud in the arena that you literally cannot hear the person sitting beside you when the crowds get going. Literally. And your ears ring for hours when you leave.
Imagine a bigger venue, but more radical fans, and at least three times as many of them in a dome or small stadium...
I guess it's pretty obvious that it's raining here, too...
Robert (wishing I was in the middle of a large garage repair now instead of at home drinking coffee putting off f'ing paperwork)

<snip>
There you go, bro ... learn something everyday. That just shows to go you how much of a sports fan I am!
(Judging from high schoolers doing it too, I still think there's a 'monkey see, monkey do' component going on here, however). :)

LOL! I started at 5 AM (raining too hard to walk this morning) keyboarding the last half of 2007's business receipts into QuickBooks, with frequent posting breaks, obviously.
I've been putting that chore off for six months, obviously also. :)
It's now done! ... and soon I get to see how much I owe the IRS, right after paying the property taxes on 1/31/08, that is.
I work for Uncle Sam, all the various taxing authorities in Harris County, and Henderson State University ... and it looks like there is more of the same to come in November.
I need some sunshine ... and a source of more energy.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07

It's also used (when not in the shotgun) to put the tight end in motion.
Mike O.
A lineman, including the ends, cannot go in motion. They can shift, but once set, they can't move.
-TES

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 18:53:09 -0800, Thomas Edward Stosterone

You may be technically correct if they are set.
In the NFL, the rules state that interior linemen cannot go in motion. A tight end is not an interior lineman since the rules also state that interior linemen are located between the ends. A wide out or end can be a down lineman there just has to be 6 down linemen. If another player moves to the line (covering the tight end), lets say the wide-out, the end is then allowed to step back and go into motion. That is unless another down or back is already in motion. Watching KC lose every weekend I see #88 in motion a lot. He'll step to the line, wave the wide-out to the line, step back from the line, wait for the quarterback's leg lift signal and then go into motion. Every NFL team runs something similar.
Mike O.
Swingman said:

Age old occurrence.
On another note, since it's a rainy, slow day for you, I have a problem I'd like your input on.
Idiots built an entire subdivision and stuck ventilators in all the bathrooms for show - but failed to vent them anywhere. After years of use, the owners call with complaints of the sheetrock seams/tape peeling off. Although it is obvious as to why, I'm not sure what the best solution is. I've already found dead wall space and installed metal pipes from the lower floors, and am now hooking up flexible pipe to the upper floor bathrooms. The problem is the external vents. I don't want to chop 4 holes in the roof, and getting at the eaves for 4 eave vents is problematic/impossible. (Too small w/ 6/12 pitch W-Rafters on the inside, and 45 feet in the air on the outside.)
I'm considering running all of them together to one large roof vent, but I'm concerned about blowback back into other bathrooms (yeah, they do have some cheap-ass flapper), and the distance (condensation dripping back) on some. As well, no one sells a 4 into 1 collector for this purpose. Got any good ideas?
Thanks,
Greg G.
"Greg G." wrote

Those on the first floor we vent, individually, out the side of the house; those on the second floor we vent out the cornice if we can (some local codes don't allow this).
IME, much better to vent sideways with the individual fart fans instead of "up".
There are a number of "systems" out there like the following:
http://www.airscapefans.com/collections/bath-vent
Might want to check'em out.
--
www.e-woodshop.net