OT - Two things ...

"Jeff" wrote

Ever had a football helmet on?

Great theory ... as long as linemen/centers have eyes in the back of their head. :)

Reply to
Swingman

A lineman, including the ends, cannot go in motion. They can shift, but once set, they can't move.

-TES

Reply to
Thomas Edward Stosterone

You may be technically correct if they are set.

In the NFL, the rules state that interior linemen cannot go in motion. A tight end is not an interior lineman since the rules also state that interior linemen are located between the ends. A wide out or end can be a down lineman there just has to be 6 down linemen. If another player moves to the line (covering the tight end), lets say the wide-out, the end is then allowed to step back and go into motion. That is unless another down or back is already in motion. Watching KC lose every weekend I see #88 in motion a lot. He'll step to the line, wave the wide-out to the line, step back from the line, wait for the quarterback's leg lift signal and then go into motion. Every NFL team runs something similar.

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O.

Wed, Jan 16, 2008, 2:48pm (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@swbell.net (Leon) doth sayeth: ;~) The wheels on the bus go round and round........

Damn. I really need to pay closer attention.

JOAT

10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President

- Bumper Sticker I don't have a problem with a woman president - just not Hillary.

Reply to
J T

Wed, Jan 16, 2008, 2:48pm (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@swbell.net (Leon) did put out: ;~) The wheels on the bus go round and round.......

Oooo, you lied. I watched the Magic Schoolbus this morning, and they NEVER played that. I'll probably never believe you again. .