OT: Too funny not to share...

Page 1 of 2
My new guy, who shall remain nameless (Grant) had an interesting job, when still going to school, working on a farm. He was part of a castrating team on a pig farm one summer. He mentioned he wore ear- muffs as that gets noisy. With a dead-pan face he told me that "pigs don't feel pain, but squeel because they don't like to be held."
That struck me as very funny

That is funny!
On the same general topic there was a news article last night that discussed how much people spend on their pets. And to prove the excess, they pointed to a company that sells prostetic testicles for dogs. There is even a video on the website. $900 plus intallation bythe vet!!! The site says it makes the dogs feel better about themselves!?!?!
http://www.neuticles.com /
Dave

Hey, make sense to me. If I was a dog and couldn't lick my balls, I'd feel bad too. :)

A little warning there, Upscale. I almost spewed on my monitor!
How true!
Robert
Upscale wrote:

We'd have to teach the dogs to do what humans do. Have someone else do the licking. <G>
Just be careful...you might get hit by a truck while doing your uhhhh "exercises"...
Upscale wrote:

DLB wrote:

There might be a market:
Sacramento to be 'testicle-free zone' http://www.officialnewsagency.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&idt&Itemids

http://www.officialnewsagency.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&idt&Itemids
this castration terrorist group.
http://www.bullsballs.com /
They would probably pass a law against these too. Apparently vehicles with testicles would be offensive to those who wish to eliminate them from the world.
wrote: [snip]

Personally, I think castration is a wonderful way to deal with molesters, rapists, etc..... (I was going to include liberals, but you got to have balls to lose them, right?)
HeyBub wrote:

Is that for real or satire?
If real, I thought it was somewhat ironic that the supporter of the bill DAN Nender made the comment, ""We cannot have intact testicles on government property. As California government officials, at least the ones on our side, will attest to, Sacramento is a testicle-free zone." Now, presumably DAN was in Sacramento when DAN said this, as well as a few non-female legislators.
Kinda speaks volumes there.
Also liked the comment when he was called on his "3 million euthenasias a year" comment. "...Concentrate on the point I'm making, not the numbers." i.e. don't confuse me with the facts, it's fake but accurate

http://www.officialnewsagency.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&idt&Itemids National Association of Dogs in Service is called NADS. NADS? Are they serious?

Anyone who thinks animals don't feel pain should have their nuts cut off without an anaesthetic.
says...

Well Bob, different animals seem to feel things differently. Human animals sure feel it when you kick them in the nuts. But tell you what, I got kicked in the gut by a bull once, and I got mad and kicked him right back, right in the balls, because that's what he was presenting me with. He didn't feel a thing. Now, poke the same bull in the nostril with a finger, and he'll be in considerable pain (by the way, I have had that confirmed by another bloke who had the exact same experience) .... having said that, I don't know the first thing about pigs, and their sensitivities. But I've seen an old farmer castrating calves with a razor sharp knife, while he was standing behind them, and they never even twitched. Brrrrr. You try and put a tag in their ear and they sure do holler! Horses apparently are super sensitive, going on hearsay.
-P.
Ah, now I understand! I was going to say something nasty about the number of rounds your BIL required to knock the poor guy down. With a handgun, I understand. Only done wild hogs with my .454 Casull and I have been known to miss when they're moving.
I had to put up with the shotgun only BS in Alabama years ago. Thank god for Texas, where 1 round expended in anger is 1 deer nose in the dirt. At least, that's the way it's been for the last 11 seasons. It's real cheap ammo wise if your rifle stays sighted in. 4 rounds per season is normal. 3 sighters, 1 for real.
Regards.
On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 14:25:09 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

I can't, for the life of me, relate to the dilemmas you're all going through. FEW targets are as simple to take down as a deer. A pissed-off grizzly is another matter. I don't believe too many here ever had the challenge to mess with a determined Grizzly. I say this with all due respect. It is a decision you make when that huge, magnificent animal rises to its hind feet.

like the smell of human sh*t.
snipped-for-privacy@topworks.ca says...

Yeah, I used to think that too, back when I hadn't tried it either.
Robatoy:
You're quite correct, shooting a deer is not particularly difficult. Getting close enough to have a clean shot can be 'a bit' tricky.
Haven't had the chance to face a Grizz, not sure I want to. Only thing that scares me more is facing an armed man who wants you dead first.
Been there, done that, though I didn't draw the issue .45, I unloaded a full mag from a CAR 15 at the guy while he was swinging up his AK 47. He did fire 5 or 6 rounds into the ground on the way down. 15 metres is too bloody close!

I didn't make that quote, btw....

That's because you were using a round so weak that is illegal for deer hunting in most states.