OT - Slow News Day

Page 2 of 4

The singer Tom Rush has a CD titled "Trolling for Owls", which is what he calls walking his very small dog in the evening.
Doug White
RonB wrote:

Heh!
A couple of years ago there was a report of a hawk swooping down and grabbing an Easter chick("Mr Peep") from the playground of an elementary school. The pupils watched in horror as the hawk sat atop a light pole and ate the chicken (yum) while discarding the hard parts.
"Well," said a teacher, "at the least the children learned a lesson about the 'law of the jungle'."

Sounds a little like Funniest Home Videos where a hawk swooped down into a back yard and grabbed a pet mouse.
wrote in message

Saw one take a ground squirrel as six of us sat eating lunch at a picnic table outside the office. Pretty interesting and the squirrels stayed away for a few days.
--
"He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! "
Brian's Mum
wrote in message

So, that would have left you with more scraps to eat

And what would the owner have said when reporting this incident?
"Dog gone!"
--
Jim in NC

On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 11:46:26 -0500, "Morgans"

"Snack stolen."
-- Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air... -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
This hit the front pages of both MSNBC AND CNN web sites last evening. CNN Gave it a couple of hours of air time -- CNN?
http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/01/22/olbermann.msnbc/index.html?hpt=T2
Hmmm. I guess the war is over. No more wounded or dead soldiers. Iran and N Korea have closed their nuke plants, Cancer is cured, Floods are done. No more small dogs attacked by owls.
Life is good.
RonB
"RonB" wrote in message

He's had issues with MSNBC management for some time, his departure isn't a huge surprise. I never had much use for him, too strident, too smug.
DGDevin wrote:

Similar things are said about Sarah Palin. I guess starting your career as a sportscaster spells doom.

------------------------------- "Doug Miller" wrote:

Unfortunately Ronald Reagan didn't work out to well for the rest of us with exception of the top 5% income/assets category.
Lew
On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 17:23:15 -0800, "Lew Hodgett"

He may not have been perfect, but he's still the best President in 40 years, ever since I've been voting. He's one of the most loved, too.
If you're going to bring up his spending, read this http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/68788
I haven't yet read all of this, but read all the quotes for the good stuff, an executive summary of a sort. http://tinyurl.com/69az8ja
-- Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air... -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

I liked Reagan, and he did some things that needed doing. But he also made some serious blunders some of which we're still paying for today.

Unless the Republicans in Congress manage to de-fund the EPA, in which case you'll probably want to stay out of the sea and invest in a good respirator.
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Which is an excellent incentive to get off one's butt and JOIN the top 5%.
"HeyBub" wrote in message

Actually very different things are said about Olbermann and Palin. They share the characteristic of being partisan, but Olbermann doesn't seem to be accused of being delusional with anything like the frequency of the half-term former governor of Alaska.
: Actually very different things are said about Olbermann and Palin. They : share the characteristic of being partisan, but Olbermann doesn't seem to be : accused of being delusional with anything like the frequency of the : half-term former governor of Alaska.
He's also quite smart, and well-read, and she's... kind of a simpleton.
    -- Andy Barss
On Sat, 22 Jan 2011 13:01:08 -0800, "DGDevin"

Paraphrased quote "when he left ESPN he did not burn bridges he napalmed them".
Ah yes to always be right.
Good sports anchor, lousy newsreader.
Mark

<g> That loudmouth was making $30M for 4 years of that crap? We're inthe wrong business, guys.
-- Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air... -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
I've said for a long time that a dog not big enough to cripple a burglar isn't really a dog, it's a substitute for a cat.