OT - Slow News Day

So, that would have left you with more scraps to eat

Reply to
George W Frost

My dauchund, pound for pound., will kick ass on anything that you can find. Of course, my 6 cats do keep it in line. :) :)

Reply to
CW

$ snipped-for-privacy@viwinnwfe01.internal.bigpond.com...

True. Dachshunds are insane fighters. I saw one going to town on a boxer 4x its size and clearly whoopin' boxer's ass.

Reply to
Robatoy

"RonB" wrote

"Dog gone!"

Reply to
Morgans

This hit the front pages of both MSNBC AND CNN web sites last evening. CNN Gave it a couple of hours of air time -- CNN?

I guess the war is over. No more wounded or dead soldiers. Iran and N Korea have closed their nuke plants, Cancer is cured, Floods are done. No more small dogs attacked by owls.

Life is good.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

He's had issues with MSNBC management for some time, his departure isn't a huge surprise. I never had much use for him, too strident, too smug.

Reply to
DGDevin

I've said for a long time that a dog not big enough to cripple a burglar isn't really a dog, it's a substitute for a cat.

Reply to
DGDevin

True. Dachshunds are insane fighters. I saw one going to town on a boxer 4x its size and clearly whoopin' boxer's ass.

******************************

Snuthin, My Chi boy attacked a huge but very meek and mild brown Labrador and turned and ran for his life when the lab growled at him

Reply to
George W Frost

No, there is no substitute for a cat With a dog, you own the dog and tell it what to do With a cat, now that's a totally different story the car totally owns you and no matter what you tell, ask, or beg the cat to do, if it doesn't feel like it, it won't. Assuming you sleep on your side, a cat will walk from your feet to your head, very slowly and dig its claws in with every step, if you hadn't awoken by then, it will place its furry body directly across your nose and mouth, preventing you to get any more breath and further peaceful sleep-in. Remembering, that they only do this, because they love you And of coarse, that they are hungry

Reply to
George W Frost

Similar things are said about Sarah Palin. I guess starting your career as a sportscaster spells doom.

Reply to
HeyBub

I suppose that is one way of looking at it.

Except some of those small dogs have really loud barks. My little Lhasa Apso can wake the dead., in the middle of the night. Which can be a pain in the ass at times, but has alerted us to prowlers in the early AM, more than once.

The Tibetan monks had a unique approach. They had big mastiffs to patrol outside of the main living quarters. And if anybody got past them, the "temple dogs", the Lhasa Apso would then respond. The Lhasas were bred to recognize familiar people and bark like crazy any time a stranger came around, Which, in my mind, is a perfect, organic alarm system.

Now, I would have never gone out an bought such an animal. But my honey loves them. So...., We have one. But they are very sturdy little dogs. They are hardy, can stand any kind of weather and are strong enough to drag you around on a leash. You just have to keep them clipped or you will have to deal with hair issues every day.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

It worked out pretty well for Ronald Reagan.

Reply to
Doug Miller

------------------------------- "Doug Miller" wrote:

------------------------------- Unfortunately Ronald Reagan didn't work out to well for the rest of us with exception of the top 5% income/assets category.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Mom lost her small teacup Chihuahua to a Mexican Eagle off the front porch of their house. No match at all. Arizona.

We have Red Tail Hawk that we are concerned of taking our 5 pound long hair. He is cautious of eagles, hawks and Brown and White Owls in the neighborhood. Texas Pine woods and cross timber mix. He senses them and takes cover. But we watch for birds when out together.

Not afraid of the 'chicken' Buzzards - they fly over looking for dead kills only.

Mart> >> "George W Frost" wrote in

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

"Snack stolen."

-- Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air... -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

That loudmouth was making $30M for 4 years of that crap? We're in the wrong business, guys.

-- Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air... -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Yup. They are great watch dogs and put their heart into whatever they do. Ours was a 'rescued' dog that we were able to get 4 years ago. He teams up very well with our large Lab X. The little guy detects the problem and the big guy goes and checks it out. This past Christmas Eve he was probably responsible for saving the life of an elderly woman.

We live on one of those lane-and-a-half country roads that might see half a dozen cars a day go down it. About 6:30 on Christmas Eve he suddenly started barking in a really determined manner while looking out the front window. Turning on the yard light we saw a person standing at the end of our driveway which is about a hundred feet from the house. Going out to see who it was we found a confused elderly woman who had no idea where she was. The temperature was dropping below freezing and it was snowing. She was dressed in a hip length jacket, had lost her gloves, and had ordinary shoes on her feet and no socks.

It turned out that she had left her house shortly after noon hour, on foot, to go visit a friend. Finding her friend not home, she decided to visit another friend who lived a little further out of town and some how lost her way, but kept walking. We have no idea how she ended up on our road. Eventually we figured out where she lived and got her home. She had walked over 11 km from her home where she lived with her brother. While walking down our road she had passed about a dozen other houses but was afraid to approach them. By the time she reached our place it was really dark and she was scared. So, she paused at the end of our driveway, but was reluctant to come in. If it hadn't been for our little guy we never would have know she was there.

We did manage to contact her social worker afterwards and found out that both her and her elderly brother suffered from Alzheimer's but refused to move into a health care facility.

Reply to
Gil

He may not have been perfect, but he's still the best President in 40 years, ever since I've been voting. He's one of the most loved, too.

If you're going to bring up his spending, read this

haven't yet read all of this, but read all the quotes for the good stuff, an executive summary of a sort.
in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air... -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

That turned out pretty well, didn't it?

Probably can't afford it?

Reply to
Robatoy

That turned out pretty well, didn't it?

Probably can't afford it?

There are two great investments which you can make millions from. One is a Child Care Centre Next is a Retirement Village

From first steps, to your last steps, the money is there, but not so much in between

Reply to
George W Frost