OT: Simply amazing

Page 2 of 4
Martin H. Eastburn said:

And state/local governments aren't just as greedy, just in lesser amounts? Percentage wise, probably as much waste and cronyism.
Greg G.
So true, the two parties on a national level screw up the system. They have lost the ability to negotiate an equitable consensus.
Mike M

topposting corrected, foo
On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 22:19:39 -0800, the infamous Mike M

Well, you remember what Auntie Marge said regarding "concensus", right?
-- For me, pragmatism is not enough. Nor is that fashionable word "consensus."
To me consensus seems to be the process of abandoning all beliefs, principles, values and policies in search of something in which no one believes, but to which no one objects; the process of avoiding the very issues that have to be solved, merely because you cannot get agreement on the way ahead. What great cause would have been fought and won under the banner "I stand for consensus"? --Margaret Thatcher (in a 1981 speech)
LJ sez: It's a good thing we have concensus on the case of Anthropogenic Global Warming (kumbaya), isn't it?
Larry Jaques wrote:

Anyone who would like to learn something about climate, here is a good place to start- http://climate.nasa.gov/
facts aren't as much fun as supposition.
    :-)     jo4hn

WHAT?! A GOVERNMENT website?! HA! They're just trying to take over the weather!
Dave in Houston
On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 09:23:24 -0800, the infamous jo4hn

RIP, NASA, who has officially sold its soul to the LWBO. (Liberals with blinders on)
That ain't just supposition, it's suppositories they want the public to swallow. Hayseuss Effin' Crisco!
...but it's not too late to save the drowning polar bears. Adopt one today at an Algore Carbon Neutral site near you!
Speaking of which, Algore's little mansion uses more eneergy in a year than I have used in my entire adult life.
-- When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary. -- Thomas Paine

According to the Goreacle, we live on a sun...
"GORE: It definitely is, and it's a relatively new one. People think about geothermal energy - when they think about it at all - in terms of the hot water bubbling up in some places, but two kilometers or so down in most places there are these incredibly hot rocks, 'cause the interior of the earth is extremely hot, several million degrees, and the crust of the earth is hot ..."
<http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2009/11/18/al-gore-earths-in terior-extremely-hot-several-million-degrees>
The man is an idiot. Some mines are deeper than two klicks.
If it was a Republican/conservative making insane statements like this, how many front page stories and lead news broadcasts would it be featured on?
But the Goreacle will get a pass...
"Larry Jaques" wrote:

Larry, get your shit together.
The place was carbon neutral last time somebody bothered to check things out.
Lew

That's 'cause Al is using the millions of degrees of heat at the center of the earth for energy.
Dave Balderstone wrote:

You can be carbon neutral just like AL. I am:
http://www.freecarbonoffsets.com/home.do
On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:38:50 -0700, the infamous Doug Winterburn

Excellent! I just got mine, good for (my WAG figure) 247,619,423.6 credits. I started saving the Earth in 1970 or so.
-- When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary. -- Thomas Paine
Now, if you could tap all the hot air created by people on this newsgroup, then you would have something.
--
Often wrong, never in doubt.

On Nov 22, 3:26pm, snipped-for-privacy@sdf.lNoOnSePsAtMar.org (Larry W) wrote:

Now THAT was useful.
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Yeah, because after he got caught with his pants down the slimy bastard busted his ass to make it so. If he really believed his Convenient Lie then it would have been "carbon neutral" two years ago when he was mouthing off.
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Umm, yeah. He bought carbon credits to balance out his energy costs; coincidentally, he bought those credits from a company he owns that sells carbon credits. Nope, no issues there. <http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/251232/

Rob Leatham
On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:50:52 -0700, the infamous Mark & Juanita

Were it legal, someone somewhere might suggest tying your sig into an agreeable action at some time, I'll bet.
-- When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary. -- Thomas Paine
On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 20:22:59 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett"

Oh, that's right. I had forgotten that he paid himself (his carbon trading-card company) for the disastrous wastes of energy. Did you see that he recently did an entire overhaul on the thing? It cost him beaucoup ducats and only saved him 10% on cost. The problem is that his usage expanded with the decrease in energy cost, so the net outcome is that he's a worse energy spendthrift now than he was before. Oh, why won't that man go hunting with Dick Cheney? http://www.cnsnews.com/public/Content/Article.aspx?rsrcidx91
OK, Lew. Get your shit together. You're expelling a dangerous and toxic gas every time you breathe out. Just ask your friendly neighborhood EPA guys.
Arrrrrgh! I can't take it any more.
-- When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary. -- Thomas Paine

Keep this in mind: Learning is not a requirement in this country, but I suggest it before you speak.
Sooooo. you are saying JPL knows more than the rec ???
jo4hn wrote:

Pat Barber wrote:

Regardless of any of it, McCain had a plan that would do the US share of what the global warming people say has to be done and he got castigated as anti-environment and lost the election. Obama had a plan that was politically correct and accomplishes diddly and he got praised for it and won. And China is the major source of CO2 anyway, something that they did _after_ they signed Kyoto--until somebody pulls their plug anything the US does is in vain.