(OT) (POL) (HUMOR) (WARNING! WARNING!) light bulb jokes

How many members of the administration does it take to change a lightbulb?
None, because "there's nothing wrong with that lightbulb. It has served us honorably. When you say it's burned out, you're giving encouragement to the forces of darkness. Once we install a lightbulb, we never, ever change it. Real men don't need artificial light."
or,
How many Bush administration officials does it take to change a light bulb?
The Answer is SEVEN:
(1) one to deny that a light bulb needs to be replaced;
(2) one to attack and question the patriotism of anyone who has questions about the light bulb;
(3) one to blame the previous administration for the need of a new light bulb;
(4) one to arrange the invasion of a country rumored to have a secret stockpile of light bulbs;
(5) one to get together with Vice President Cheney and figure out how to pay Halliburton Industries one million dollars for a light bulb;
(6) one to arrange a photo-op session showing Bush changing the light bulb while dressed in a flight suit and wrapped in an American flag;
(7) and finally one to explain to Bush the difference between screwing a light bulb and screwing the country.
Regards, Tom.
Tom Watson wrote:

go bad during the previous administration!
Philski

How many Liberals does it take to be able to "start" a post related to the news group?
On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 17:45:13 GMT, "Leon"

A: None. "Well it's not really a question of should we change it or should we not change the light bulb, but more a question of...(blah blah waffle)"
Q: How many liberals does it take to screw in a light bulb? A: One liberal and twenty eight delegates representing all the social, economic, and ethnic communities. A: Two-one to do it and the other to keep the first one's knee from jerking. A: None: They can't remove the old ones since they are already part of the environment.
Regards, Tom.

Q: How many Bill Clintons does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A: Only one, but the REAL question is, how the heck did he get into that lightbulb?!?
Leon wrote:

Lighten up--I'm a lifelong Republican but I thought it was hilarious. Vastly better than most of the political commentary here. And he _did_ put both "OT" and "POL" warnings on it.
--
--John

I have no problem with it,. But IIRC Tom did not like this kind of stuff and left the news group a few months ago because of all the noise. Now all he posts is OT noise.
On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 22:57:13 GMT, "Leon"

wrote:
It sure don't take much to blow air up you boys skirts, do it?
Try to relax and enjoy the ride.
Regards, Tom.

It is the double standard that is troubling. More than the OT postings.

No problem with the humor, BUT, Mr. Watson left this group a few months ago because of too much off topic postings. Now, he starts political crap that is far more plentiful that the other OT stuff.
Mr. Watson is an accomplished woodworker. His behavior in recent weeks though, has caused me to lose all respect for the man. He is flip flopping more than Kerry. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Maybe Tom Watson is John Kerry? You'll probably note that neither has ever been seen together.
UA100
UA100 claims:

And none of us has seen either of them in the altogether.
Charlie Self "The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness." John Kenneth Galbraith
Charlie Self wrote:

Thank you for that image. Fortunately I haven't eaten yet. --RC

Rick Cook responds:

Hey, add Dick Cheney to the mix.
Charlie Self "The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness." John Kenneth Galbraith

Oh, I don't know--I always thought Kerry was pretty much together. Watson I don't know about.
Bob
Trying this crap again Tom, I thought you might be above this .
If you insist why dont you save it so some Kerry/Edwards web site Or perhaps one for multimillionair trial layers ....mjh
--
"Tom Watson" < snipped-for-privacy@erehwon.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Just an observation and maybe something to give a couple of seconds of thought to. Several months ago there was a war going on between Tom and BAD. I guess BAD won because Tom left for a while and indicated that he was tired of all the noise, or all the OT posting, or what ever. He was just tired of it and I could hardly blame him.
Almost immediately after Tom left, BAD disappeared. Now one of them is back and again starting the threads that create the most noise. BAD claimed to be from California and it is common knowledge that most of California leans Left. On another news group, comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro, there is a troll that never has any thing good to say. He posts under 7 or 8 names and is often spotted arguing with others posters AND his other aliases.
So, is the real Tom back or is it BAD posing as Tom. Tom at one time was a well respected poster.
Q: How many mice/liberals/trolls/woodworkers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A: Two. The same as anywhere else.
Lighten up guys. And take the politics to the proper newsgroup.
-jbb

eeeeeeeeyooooo bolton

de Mello Corollary - sort of'.