OT: Playing in Waco & Fredericksburg, TX This Weekend

My new gig takes me to the country of Texas, this weekend. Who knows, some of you may be close by. Come on out and say hi.
http://www.stealingangels.com /
The Sat night show in Waco is some sort of benefit and might be a little expensive.... <https://ahawaco.ejoinme.org/MyEvents/20092010WacoHeartBall/tabid/178044/Default.aspx
The Sun night show in Fredericksburg is at regular old saloon type joint. http://crossroads-texas.com/music.php
--

-MIKE-

On 05/28/2010 10:50 AM, -MIKE- wrote:

<https://ahawaco.ejoinme.org/MyEvents/20092010WacoHeartBall/tabid/178044/Default.aspx
Dang, I've been trying to figure out a way to get over there (it's about 100 mile drive) but juggling schedules with a wife and four daughters is always a challenge, so the chances that I'll make it are looking pretty slim. I called the venue and they expected the band to take the stage around 8:30; so if I *was* to make it over, do you expect there'd be some time before the gig to shoot the breeze (and assuming you get the opportunity to see this before then)?
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
On 5/30/2010 8:15 AM, Steve Turner wrote:

I *was* able to make it out to Fredericksburg last night, and I finally met Mr. Radcliffe in person after perhaps six or eight years of conversing only via Usenet and email, and I just want to point out that he's a right fine fellow indeed! We didn't get to talk nearly as long as I would have liked, but he had a job to do and a very fine job he did. I know it's gotta be tough to concentrate on the task at hand with the kind of distractions he's dealing with up on that stage... ;-)
It was a pleasure to finally meet you Mike, and I hope your new gig brings you back this way again, maybe even a little closer to Austin next time. :-)
On 5/31/2010 1:47 PM, Steve Turner wrote:

Good on ya, Steve ... sounds like the distractions were of the female variety. :)
Bass players and drummers indeed often have a unique perspective ... but it also makes it difficult to flee an, ahem ... gas attack. ;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 5/31/2010 2:58 PM, Swingman wrote:

Yeah, that's a big 10-4. :-)

Tell me about it! Our keyboard player is an artistic vaporist, and he always seems to be flingin' 'em our direction. It's the only time the bass player and I ever have a train wreck! LOL!
On 5/31/10 1:47 PM, Steve Turner wrote:

Thanks Steve, it was really great to meet you, too. I'm such an idiot for not buying you and you friend a beer.... I mean, I got them for free and wasn't drinking myself. duh! Guess I had too much on my mind.
Glad we got to talk a little bit... finally, in person. Thanks again for coming out, hope you enjoyed the show.
--

-MIKE-

On 5/31/2010 3:20 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

No worries; I don't drink 'em very fast anyway. And I could tell you were busy; my buddy kinda wondered why I wasn't buggin' you a little bit more, but I had to remind him that I'm a drummer too and I know the kinds of things you were trying to get done.

I did enjoy the show, and you played great in spite of this being only the second gig out with the band, and in spite of the way other dude's drums were tuned. :-) Oh, and thanks for coming through on one other thing: based on the assessment of some of the other "geniuses" in this group, I was afraid you were going to be a jerk. :-)
On 5/31/10 3:49 PM, Steve Turner wrote:

Haha! Well, I do let my northern accent come through in text. :-) You're nice in both.
Enjoyed your great state... but not its humidity.
--

-MIKE-