OT: Need Laminate Help

I had a piece of laminate pull apart from a counter top. It is an island counter that has a curved edge. I bought a laminate trimmer today (Bosch) and realized that I will not be able to get the region where it curves with the trimmer. How do I do this ?
Picture:
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/pictures/_MG_5244.jpg
Thanks in advance
Brian

The left edge is what I am referring too that is difficult. The top will be easy.

You take off as much as the laminate trimmer will let you, then use a laminate file (a mill ) till you get there. It is surprisingly quick.

What is a laminate file? Would I find one at Home Depot? I have a bastard file and that's it for files.
"GarageWoodworks" wrote:
What is a laminate file? Would I find one at Home Depot? I have a bastard file and that's it for files. ----------------------------- I use a 10" flat bastard.
Works for me.
Others may like a mill bastard, I find them too fine.
Enjoy.
Lew
On Tue, 4 May 2010 15:43:49 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"

...the one's I buy at the cabinet supply are course on one side and fine on the other...Lew's right, tho, if you have nothing else, just sneak-up on it...done it several times...
cg
In

What he said
On Tue, 4 May 2010 14:43:29 -0700 (PDT), GarageWoodworks

Looks like you could trim most of it from the bottom edge, (the convex side).
For those tight areas, I start with a flat bastard file, but finish with a 8" mill bastard.
Get the Nicholson brand files and they will cut your laminate easily.
Robert
On Tue, 4 May 2010 14:43:29 -0700 (PDT), GarageWoodworks

The picture doesn't show any limitations, but I guess there are. You go as far as possible with the trimmer and use a file for the rest of it. VERY carefully, Brian. I use black tape on the countertop. It resists the file a bit more than masking tape.
Hmm, if you can't get a trimmer in there, how do you get a file? OK, reset to new answer: Get out your dremel and be very careful with it from the countertop side. If you're really good, use your Bosch vertically.
That's my SWAG and I'm stickin' to it.
-- All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit. --Thomas Paine
GarageWoodworks wrote:

File.
--

dadiOH

Ok. Thanks everyone. The file did the trick in the areas I couldn't get with the laminate trimmer. This was my first re-lamination job on a counter top. I must have had the flush trim bit extended to far because with the right light I can see where the bit tapped into the lamination (top) that I was referencing off of. Next time I think I will tape off the region the bearing rides on to prevent this in the future ?. Not sure where I went wrong other than bit being extended to far. If it were wood, I'd just sand the sucker.