OT - more on Americans Elect 3rd party

I went to their website. Aside from my prior objection that a presidential candidate is not the way to go, it seems to be attracting a fair share of the kook population. A quick glance at the questions asked by "delegates" gives:
"How do you intend to verify that you are a "natural born citizen"?"
"Will you declassify all documents from Area 51 within your first 100 days?
"As a means to solve the unemployment problem, would you precipitate another world war, much as Roosevelt did when he placed an embargo on Japan?"
You get the idea. Yes, there are quite a few sensible questions as well. But as you have to become a "delegate" to ask a question, their count of supporters is inflated by those who just want a place to hang their tinfoil hat.
Ah well.

On 12/30/2011 12:53 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

That's a perfectly legitimate question, IMHO, and it should be asked of every candidate for President. Mr. Obama's delay in releasing his verification unnecessarily fueled speculation that he was hiding something; now that his records have been released, only the kooks still maintain that he's not a natural-born citizen -- but that doesn't mean that anyone who wants to see that proof from future candidates is a kook.

On its face, it's a foolish question. At a deeper level, it might be deliberately designed to detect foolish *candidates*, i.e. anyone whose answer is not along the lines of "Certainly not without seeing them first!" or "Let's fix our urgent problems before we think about silly stuff."

OK, now that one is definitely kook material. I'm no fan of FDR or his policies, and I'm as far to the right on most issues as nearly anyone I know, but I do not believe (and would never imply) that FDR embargoed Japan knowing and intending that it would precipitate a worldwide war.

On 12/30/2011 9:53 AM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

well the first question you quoted here is certainly a legit one. It was never answered (and can't be) with the current admin.
--
Steve Barker
On 12/30/2011 6:54 PM, Steve Barker wrote:

On 12/30/2011 7:16 PM, Doug Miller wrote:

oh there's no question. And thanks for name calling.
--
Steve Barker
On Fri, 30 Dec 2011 22:16:04 -0500, Doug Miller wrote:

I was going to make the same comment Doug, but figured it was a waste of time :-).

Well let's face it.
Unless you are pure bred native Red Indian you're all immigrants <g>
--
Stuart Winsor

Only plain text for emails
On Sun, 01 Jan 2012 21:17:32 +0000, Stuart wrote:

Not only that - we're all African-Americans - even the Indians :-).
My current wallpaper is a reconstruction from a skull of Australopithecus sediba - just to remind me. I call him Uncle Sed :-).
http://www.scholastic.com/browse/article.jsp?id756704

Larry Blanchard wrote:

Quick trick quiz:
About what percentage of the population of London is African-American? (see below) . . . . . . . Probably less than 1/100th of 1 percent. Blacks in the UK would more properly be called African-Anglos. Of course most Britishers simply call them "colored."
Stuart wrote the following:

That would be Native American. Even they are immigrants from Asia.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
"willshak" wrote in message wrote:

That would be Native American. Even they are immigrants from Asia. ====================================================================According to the inhabitants of the reservation just up the road, it's American Indian. Native American was invented by the (attempting to be) politically correct white man.