OT: Looking for backup ISP

Page 2 of 2

On 4/10/2006 12:41 PM Larry Blanchard mumbled something about the following:

Damn, did you work on ENIAC?
--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???
Odinn wrote:

Nope - just Univac, Readix, Ramac, etc.. My favorite was the GE400 series that came out in the mid 60s. I even wrote a DOS for that one, with about as much functionality as MSDOS :-).
I started with punched cards in '55 and started programming on the Readix in '57. Take a look at:
http://ed-thelen.org/comp-hist/BRL61-0809.jpg
--
It's turtles, all the way down

On 4/11/2006 1:19 PM Larry Blanchard mumbled something about the following:

I never played with any iron that old, the oldest I ever developed on was Harris H300/H800, Honeywell DPS-6, and Wang VS-100s. Wrote a lot of terminal emulators and file transfer protocols in the mid-late 80's for DOS and Windows, but I've always been a UNIX geek. In the mid 90's I was part owner (and CTO) of an ISP. Nowdays, I do admin for several hundred Windows, HP-UX, AIX and Linux servers.
--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???

I have my own domain and pay Network Solutions $10/month to host it.
I don't even really use the web end of the hosting service, but provide email addresses to 27 friends and family.
You can also simply get a free address from Yahoo, etc...
"Network Solutions $10/month to host it"
Sounds most interesting. Details? URL?

On 4/9/2006 10:52 PM Gooey TARBALLS mumbled something about the following:

Are you that stupid? He said from Network Solutions. There is only 1 URL for them. If you can't find it, I'll be sure to keep pointing people away from your suggestions. You definitely don't have a clue as to what is going on for computers.
--
Odinn
RCOS #7 SENS BS ???