Got he XM radio and my Milwaukee jobsite blaster.
TWO... count hem TWO fully loaded iPods.
NOW I find out that my new Mac will record and convert lossless from
my record player to CD.
Will I crack open an unopened Beatles Revolver?
I also have 7 Moody Blues LP's... still in wrappers.
What to do, what to do...........
Hey Rob you and I gotta be from the same time, zoned. prine the moody's
.. puts me in mind of some really good old years. god it took such a
short time to get old, although i still haven't grown up. have been road
hard and put away wet too many times though. all the years of cutting
timber took a tole on my back.
On Mar 7, 11:12 pm, firstname.lastname@example.org (Ross Hebeisen) wrote:
Ross, ol' chap... Moodies, Prine, Pink Floyd, 10cc, Audience, Pure
Prairie League, Poco, Little Feat... yup...that stuff's in my blood.
Last time I tried to work my way through Beatles' Blackbird, all I
could hear was knuckles cracking. (I had it worked out pretty good at
There ain't no going back.
Seen on the Net, years ago:
How To Sing The Blues
1. Most Blues begin, "Woke up this morning..."
2. "I got a good woman" is a bad way to begin the Blues, unless you
stick something nasty in the next line like, "I got a good woman, with
the meanest face in town."
3. The Blues is simple. After you get the first line right, repeat it.
Then find something that rhymes... sort of: "Got a good woman with the
meanest face in town. Yes, I got a good woman with the meanest face in
town. Got teeth like Margaret Thatcher, and she weigh 500 pounds."
4. The Blues is not about choice. You stuck in a ditch, you stuck in a
ditch-ain't no way out.
5. Blues cars: Chevys, Fords, Cadillacs and broken-down trucks. Blues
don't travel in Volvos, BMWs, or Sport Utility Vehicles. Most Blues
transportation is a Greyhound bus or a southbound train. Jet aircraft
and state-sponsored motor pools ain't even in the running. Walkin' plays
a major part in the blues lifestyle. So does fixin' to die.
6. Teenagers can't sing the Blues. They ain't fixin' to die yet. Adults
sing the Blues. In Blues, "adulthood" means being old enough to get the
electric chair if you shoot a man in Memphis.
7. Blues can take place in New York City but not in Hawaii or any place
in Canada. Hard times in Minneapolis or Seattle is probably just
clinical depression. Chicago, St. Louis, and Kansas City are still the
best places to have the Blues. You cannot have the blues in any place
that don't get rain.
8. A man with male pattern baldness ain't the blues. A woman with male
pattern baldness is. Breaking your leg because you were skiing is not
the blues. Breaking your leg 'cause an alligator be chomping on it, is.
9. You can't have no Blues in a office or a shopping mall. The lighting
is wrong. Go outside to the parking lot or sit by the dumpster.
10. Good places for the Blues:
c. empty bed
d. bottom of a whiskey glass
Bad places for the Blues:
b. gallery openings
c. Ivy League institutions
d. golf courses
11. No one will believe it's the Blues if you wear a suit, unless you
happen to be an old ethnic person, and you slept in it.
12. Do you have the right to sing the Blues? Yes, if:
a. you older than dirt
b. you blind
c. you shot a man in Memphis
d. you can't be satisfied
a. you have all your teeth
b. you were once blind but now can see
c. the man in Memphis lived
d. you have a 401K or trust fund
13. Blues is not a matter of color. It's a matter of bad luck. Tiger
Woods cannot sing the blues. Sonny Liston could. Ugly white people also
got a leg up on the blues.
14. If you ask for water and your darlin' give you gasoline, it's the
Blues. Other acceptable Blues beverages are:
a. cheap wine
b. whiskey or bourbon
c. muddy water
d. nasty black coffee
The following are NOT Blues beverages:
d. Slim Fast
e. Starbucks Frappuccino
15. If death occurs in a cheap motel or a shotgun shack, it's a Blues
death. Stabbed in the back bya jealous lover is another Blues way to
die. So is the electric chair, substance abuse and dying lonely on a
broken down cot. You can't have a Blues death if you die during a tennis
match or while getting liposuction.
16. Some Blues names for women:
b. Big Mama
d. Fat River Dumpling
17. Some Blues names for men:
c. Little Willie
d. Big Willie
18. Persons with names like Michelle, Amber, Debbie, and Heather can't
sing the Blues no matter how many men they shoot in Memphis.
19. Make your own Blues name Starter Kit:
a. name of physical infirmity (Blind, Cripple, Lame, etc.)
b. first name (see above) plus name of fruit (Lemon, Lime, Kiwi, etc.)
c. last name of President (Jefferson, Johnson, Fillmore, etc.)
For example: Blind Lime Jefferson, Jakeleg Lemon Johnson or Cripple
Kiwi Fillmore, etc. (Well, maybe not "Kiwi.")
20. It doesn't matter how tragic your life: if you own a computer, you
cannot sing the blues. (unless, maybe if it's a PC and you're using
Tim Daneliuk email@example.com
so it's kinda like
I'm so miserable without you,it's almost like your here.
I'm so miserable without you, it's almost like your here.
as long as I'm so low now, I think I'll just have another beer.
I hate every bone in your body but mine.
On Mar 9, 11:35 pm, firstname.lastname@example.org (Ross Hebeisen) wrote:
No no no no no no no it's more like this:
She took off with that guy
now I might as well die
why did she have to lie
might as well get high
high till I die
I caint no longer cry
might as well get high
high till I die
I caint no longer cry
by the Exploding Douchebags.
They say it isn't 'good' to keep them in wrappers.
btw, did you see the reply to a previous post?
I worked there in the early 70's.
Freeeeeeekie that you'd associate that image with me.
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.