OT: iPODs loaded for bear..getting busy in the shop.

Got he XM radio and my Milwaukee jobsite blaster. TWO... count hem TWO fully loaded iPods.
NOW I find out that my new Mac will record and convert lossless from my record player to CD.
Will I crack open an unopened Beatles Revolver?
I also have 7 Moody Blues LP's... still in wrappers.
What to do, what to do...........
Add pictures here
✖
Robatoy wrote:

One word: Audacity
✖
Hey Rob you and I gotta be from the same time, zoned. prine the moody's .. puts me in mind of some really good old years. god it took such a short time to get old, although i still haven't grown up. have been road hard and put away wet too many times though. all the years of cutting timber took a tole on my back. ross
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 7, 11:12 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Ross Hebeisen) wrote:

Ross, ol' chap... Moodies, Prine, Pink Floyd, 10cc, Audience, Pure Prairie League, Poco, Little Feat... yup...that stuff's in my blood. Last time I tried to work my way through Beatles' Blackbird, all I could hear was knuckles cracking. (I had it worked out pretty good at one time.)
There ain't no going back.
Add pictures here
✖
Ross Hebeisen wrote:

In my youth, I played the blues. Every now and then, I crank up the Fender Twin and a nasty slide guitar from the 1950s (an Epiphone Broadway double cutaway) ... it scares the cat.
✖
i had the blues so bad one time it put my face inna perminant frown but now i'm feel'in so much better now that kate walked inta town. Taj
Add pictures here
✖

I could cakewalk into town.
http://improve-usenet.org /
✖
thank you for the correction on the cake walk. ross
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 8, 9:04 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Ross Hebeisen) wrote:

I was kinda curious what 'kate' would have looked like...
Add pictures here
✖
I'm figuring hot and juicy, kinda like wendy's. how could ya have the blues if that walked inta town. ross
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 9, 4:09 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Ross Hebeisen) wrote:

Betcha Kate had a big mess of black hair.
Add pictures here
✖
Robatoy wrote:

Seen on the Net, years ago:
How To Sing The Blues ----------------------
1. Most Blues begin, "Woke up this morning..."
2. "I got a good woman" is a bad way to begin the Blues, unless you stick something nasty in the next line like, "I got a good woman, with the meanest face in town."
3. The Blues is simple. After you get the first line right, repeat it. Then find something that rhymes... sort of: "Got a good woman with the meanest face in town. Yes, I got a good woman with the meanest face in town. Got teeth like Margaret Thatcher, and she weigh 500 pounds."
4. The Blues is not about choice. You stuck in a ditch, you stuck in a ditch-ain't no way out.
5. Blues cars: Chevys, Fords, Cadillacs and broken-down trucks. Blues don't travel in Volvos, BMWs, or Sport Utility Vehicles. Most Blues transportation is a Greyhound bus or a southbound train. Jet aircraft and state-sponsored motor pools ain't even in the running. Walkin' plays a major part in the blues lifestyle. So does fixin' to die.
6. Teenagers can't sing the Blues. They ain't fixin' to die yet. Adults sing the Blues. In Blues, "adulthood" means being old enough to get the electric chair if you shoot a man in Memphis.
7. Blues can take place in New York City but not in Hawaii or any place in Canada. Hard times in Minneapolis or Seattle is probably just clinical depression. Chicago, St. Louis, and Kansas City are still the best places to have the Blues. You cannot have the blues in any place that don't get rain.
8. A man with male pattern baldness ain't the blues. A woman with male pattern baldness is. Breaking your leg because you were skiing is not the blues. Breaking your leg 'cause an alligator be chomping on it, is.
9. You can't have no Blues in a office or a shopping mall. The lighting is wrong. Go outside to the parking lot or sit by the dumpster.
10. Good places for the Blues: a. highway b. jailhouse c. empty bed d. bottom of a whiskey glass
Bad places for the Blues: a. Bloomingdales b. gallery openings c. Ivy League institutions d. golf courses
11. No one will believe it's the Blues if you wear a suit, unless you happen to be an old ethnic person, and you slept in it.
12. Do you have the right to sing the Blues? Yes, if: a. you older than dirt b. you blind c. you shot a man in Memphis d. you can't be satisfied
No, if: a. you have all your teeth b. you were once blind but now can see c. the man in Memphis lived d. you have a 401K or trust fund
13. Blues is not a matter of color. It's a matter of bad luck. Tiger Woods cannot sing the blues. Sonny Liston could. Ugly white people also got a leg up on the blues.
14. If you ask for water and your darlin' give you gasoline, it's the Blues. Other acceptable Blues beverages are: a. cheap wine b. whiskey or bourbon c. muddy water d. nasty black coffee
The following are NOT Blues beverages: a. Perrier b. Chardonnay c. Snapple d. Slim Fast e. Starbucks Frappuccino
15. If death occurs in a cheap motel or a shotgun shack, it's a Blues death. Stabbed in the back bya jealous lover is another Blues way to die. So is the electric chair, substance abuse and dying lonely on a broken down cot. You can't have a Blues death if you die during a tennis match or while getting liposuction.
16. Some Blues names for women: a. Sadie b. Big Mama c. Bessie d. Fat River Dumpling
17. Some Blues names for men: a. Joe b. Willie c. Little Willie d. Big Willie
18. Persons with names like Michelle, Amber, Debbie, and Heather can't sing the Blues no matter how many men they shoot in Memphis.
19. Make your own Blues name Starter Kit: a. name of physical infirmity (Blind, Cripple, Lame, etc.) b. first name (see above) plus name of fruit (Lemon, Lime, Kiwi, etc.) c. last name of President (Jefferson, Johnson, Fillmore, etc.) For example: Blind Lime Jefferson, Jakeleg Lemon Johnson or Cripple Kiwi Fillmore, etc. (Well, maybe not "Kiwi.")
20. It doesn't matter how tragic your life: if you own a computer, you cannot sing the blues. (unless, maybe if it's a PC and you're using Windows 2000).
✖
How about Commander Cody's "I got the down to seeds and stems again blues". good topic eh?
Add pictures here
✖
so it's kinda like I'm so miserable without you,it's almost like your here. I'm so miserable without you, it's almost like your here. as long as I'm so low now, I think I'll just have another beer.
but not I hate every bone in your body but mine. ross
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 9, 11:35 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Ross Hebeisen) wrote:

No no no no no no no it's more like this:
She took off with that guy now I might as well die why did she have to lie
might as well get high high till I die I caint no longer cry
might as well get high high till I die I caint no longer cry
by the Exploding Douchebags.
Add pictures here
✖

btw, did you see the reply to a previous post? http://ridemypony.com/index.php/2006/04/04/the-hearn-2 / I worked there in the early 70's. Freeeeeeekie that you'd associate that image with me.