OT: I'm sorry guys, this is just TOO rich to pass on.. (private)

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/10/091029161528.htm
-Zz
Zz Yzx wrote:

twitch.

I apologuize again.
It's just that this website is always serious, as long as I've been viewing. But this headline somehow got through....
-Zz
OK, upon further review.....
..... there appears to be a 'happy zone" (based on the smiley/frowny faces).
Makes me wonder just how they figured that....
LOT'S of othered Q' to bw C'd and A'd
Zz Yzx wrote:

It's called "Scientific Notation."

I liked the scientific description <grin>. FWIW, it's a natural extension of detergent research. Basically, classical soap molecules have a waterloving (hydrophilic) and water detesting (hydrophobic) end, as they consist of a long chain fatty acid, such as stearic acid, and a sodium or potassium ion. The fatty ends wrap around dirt, the ionic part interacts with water. Presto, the dirt is dissolved. Synthetic soaps work better than the old-fashioned one for many purposes. This research amplifies this in a very nice way.
BTW, stearic acid makes nice candles. Use in emergencies for either light, or food - it is one of the most energy-rich for the weight.
--
Best regards
Han