OT: Free Range Children - With a little woodworking

Page 2 of 3

Attenborough?

David?

Right, not George.

Sir?

Sidney Poitier
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 17:12:58 -0700, "Lobby Dosser"

George Page, RIP. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/02/arts/02page.html
He created the program and narrated from '73 to '98. That program was absolute magic.
--

EXPLETIVE: A balm, usually applied verbally in hindsight,
which somehow eases those pains and indignities following

Which reminds me of Marlin Perkins:
"While Jim wrestles the komodo dragon into that gunny sack, let's take a look at this iguana."
Lobby Dosser wrote:

Yeah, I was in grade school/Jr. High around that time. It became a running joke in our family, "Let's see what Jim's going to wrestle this week while Marlin looks on"

Rob Leatham

Best one ever - they had tranquilized an elephant to do some measuring and fix a hang nail or something. First they have to wrestle it onto its side because the pressure on its lungs is too much if it lies on its chest. Then they run around doing whatever so that they don't keep it under for too long. Next the wakey, wakey drug. Vet finds a nice vein on an ear and injects the drug. Elephant proceeds to get to its knees RFN. Marlin notes that this was perhaps too quick as the humans had expected to make a more leisurely retreat.
All hell breaks loose! Elephant gets to its feet and starts making angry noises. People start beating feet. Well in front is the 'native guide' who is a 7 foot bean pole, followed closely by Jim and the vet with Marlin trailing. Then the elephant full out Bellows! Marlin starts picking them up and putting them down! The rest of the scene was filmed from quite a way off so you see this people and elephant on the horizon shot with old Marlin Perkins passing everybody Including the guide!!
Laugh, thought I'd die ... Feets, don't fail me now!
On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 22:53:09 -0700, "Lobby Dosser"

Har! Wish I'd seen it. Sounds like fun.
--

EXPLETIVE: A balm, usually applied verbally in hindsight,
which somehow eases those pains and indignities following
On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 22:02:57 -0700, "Lobby Dosser"

Which reminds me of a saying attributed to our old natural foods friend, Euell Gibbons:
"Many parts of your common Volkswagon are edible."
--

EXPLETIVE: A balm, usually applied verbally in hindsight,
which somehow eases those pains and indignities following

LOL!
With you Larry - but not with Netflix yet - have over 2000 DVD's in the house at this time. Then there is tape.
We like to watch series from scratch and every other disk is a new off target movie. Tonight started Spiderman.
Some series we have watched for lunch or dinner time - has been watched a number of times. We still find stuff - bloopers and new stuff. We have shelves 7' tall in similar topics.
Martin
Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net "Our Republic and the Press will Rise or Fall Together": Joseph Pulitzer TSRA: Endowed; NRA LOH & Patron Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot's Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member. http://lufkinced.com /
On 7/15/2010 9:44 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 22:44:00 -0500, "Martin H. Eastburn"

Egad, Netflix is far, far cheaper. ;)
I can watch any one of 17,000 movies online on my computer now, too.
--

EXPLETIVE: A balm, usually applied verbally in hindsight,
which somehow eases those pains and indignities following

It's all available on the internet.. Free.
wrote the following:

Sure, complete with commercials and noise on HULU. My sister uses that one and I tried it once, very briefly, and ran away screaming! ;)
BTW, I meant "come out on DVD and are available from Netflix." I don't buy most series DVDs. Buffy was the only one, 3 years' episodes for $20, delivered. <domg>
--

EXPLETIVE: A balm, usually applied verbally in hindsight,
which somehow eases those pains and indignities following
On 7/15/2010 4:36 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

(Amazon.com product link shortened)79234766&sr=8-1-catcorr

I don't know. Used to watch the news, but then that became entertainment.

Nope. I'm waiting for season 5 of Criminal Minds.

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 21:18:31 -0700, "Lobby Dosser"

And the last time I watched the news, the half hour show consisted of 13 minutes of "news" + "local BS" and 17 minutes of commercials. My mute button nearly wore away from one half hour show!
--
The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly
is to fill the world with fools.

Reminds me of an article talking about carpal tunnel syndrome. Not only mice, but TV remotes are now a source of overuse injuries.
We only watch programs that are prerecorded. That helps. As for the news, there is never more than a few minutes worth watching anyway. Just record it, watch what you want, junk the rest.