OT: Don't forget to change your clocks.

Page 1 of 2
Daylight savings time is here again (at least, in most of the US)

I can't help myself; I *must* reply!
It's "daylight saving time" -- without the "s".
It's gone again -- we switched back to standard time.
Read all about it at http://webexhibits.org/daylightsaving/b.html
-Don (feeling pedantic this morning)
"Don Fearn"

Just like "Smokey Bear" is correct its not Smokey "the" Bear.
Dave (me too)
who stated:

Oh, do you only particape in day light saving for one day? I use the "s" because I observe it every day during the time change period. ;~)

I stand corrected.
"Prometheus" wrote in message

Actually, we're back on "standard" time ... thank gawd!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/29/06

The voice of reason.
I hate DST. I hate Summer nights that are eaten up with day light. I hate changing 25+ clocks and watches, all with their own requirements of making changes, twice a year. I hate getting up an hour earlier in the Spring and Summer.

Man, I'm with you on that. In fact, I hate getting up an hour earlier at any time of the year.
--
For every complicated, difficult problem, there is a simple, easy
solution that does not work.

Personally I think we should never go off of DST and should double it in the spring/summer/fall.
I do not have any need for daylight in the mornings driving to work and being at work. The longer there is daylight in the evening the better. Of course within a month I will be driving to work in the dark and driving home in the dark, wasting the entire daytime in an office ;-(

Heck, I have to go to the medicine cabinet and by the time I reset all my tiny time capsules, it's time to switch back again.
--
The easiest way there is to be ignored by mature people,
is to present your thoughts and ideas through the use of

I love living in AZ, no changing of clocks, the rest of the country changes around us, but our time stays constant. I used to hate the switch to DST, took me a week to get re-synced to the loss of the hour. Fall was better, but the change from driving home in daylight on Friday to driving home in the dark on the following Monday kind of sucked.
AZ, no DST, how civilized!

I got a taste of it in IN before they decided to do as the others do. I didn't miss DST at all, except that my schedule would get messed up relative to TV. Stupid politians decided to go on ET rather than CT even though the half the state was already doing DST with CT...
One good thing about DST was that the volunteer firefighters in my area suggested checking your smoke alarm batteries when you change your clocks. So if you haven't checked them, now's a good time.
Puckdropper

8 out of 10 people I have ever known say that daylight saving time should be abolished. Consequently, congress decides more is better. Every politician should have a Joe Average fallowing him around with a stick. If (when) the politician screws up, the stick should be applied liberally until he either A) does it right or B) is beaten to death.

Joe Average already has that stick. Problem is, it's not used properly. It's called a "ballot" and just about now is the time to use it.
It's almost gotten to the point that I refuse to cast my ballot for any incumbent!

Unfortunately, far too few people share that sentiment. I remember reading an analysis that was done in the early 1980s showing that the turnover rate in the US House was *lower* at that time than in the Supreme Soviet of the Soviet Union (where there were no opposition candidates in *any* "elections"), and that what little turnover there was, was more often the result of a member dying than losing an election.
I don't think it's quite that bad any more... but it sure seems hard to get rid of 'em.
--
Regards,
That works real well. Choice between slime A and slime B. If they're worthless, yes, you can vote them out of office but in the mean time, they have their full term to screw up. Many get voted back in because nobody wants to take a chance on getting anything worse. <Tom Veatch> wrote in message wrote:

Mark & Juanita wrote:

I live in Saskatchewan, Canada. We also stay constant.
However, I work remotely for a company in Ottawa, so the delta between their time and mine changes twice a year and I have to reset my appointment calendar.
Chris

I understand that issue. I have contacts out of state, sometimes they are one hour ahead, sometimes two hours. Others are on the same time for part of the year. Resetting appointment calendars is a heckof a lot easier than resetting your biological calendar. ;-)

For a time. Congress, in their ultimate wisdom, has decided that they can legislate the solar system and extended daylight saving time. Next, they will decide that this twilight nonsense will have to go and mandate that the lights will have to go out at a certain time.

I guarantee you that this extra hour of day light in the summer is the number one cause of global warming. :~)