OT: Anyone here other than BAD posting through prodigy?

... If not, I can comfortably filter on both "References" and "NNTP-Posting-Host" to killfile both him, and any thread once he gets involved, but I'd hate to catch anyone with something useful to say in the same filter.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Bay Area Dave

Nevr mind... Tried it and it's way too inclusive.

Damn.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

just control your impulses, and you won't have to mess with tricky filtering! The easiest solution is generally the best one, DB.

dave

Dave Balderst> >

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Pretty much anybody with an SBC account will be posting thru Prodigy.

One option you might find worth pursuing is to use Microplanet Gravity as your newsreader: Gravity can filter on the *content* of a post, as well as on the headers, thus allowing you to drop any post containing any particular phrase you might wish, say, oh, "Bay Area Dave" for example.

One caveat, though: filtering by content is r e a l l y s l o o o o o o w . You may find it to be more trouble than it's worth.

Doug Miller

Not on OS X...

But I'm more interested in killing threads when he steps into them... Easy enough to do manually, but I'll keep looking for the majik combination.

He doesn't piss me off _quite_ enough to switch to Windows.

;-)

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

I could try harder! YOU certainly have...

dave

Dave Balderst> >

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

so if I enter every thread you will have nothing to read? sounds like a challenge! :) I bet you back down before implementing such Draconian measures. You are all talk and no action. quite the swaggerer (is that a real word, anyone?)

dave

Dave Balderst> >

Reply to
Bay Area Dave