OT: A couple of articles by Rex Murphy.

Page 2 of 3
On Jul 17, 6:34pm, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

...and I quote:
"This brings me to Australia, which has a population of wild or feral camels almost one-million strong. Camels are among the most prodigious flatulators on the planet. It is not a good thing, weeping and nearly blind Australians assure us, to be downwind when either one camel or (God save the mark) a whole bunch of them, decide to pass gas."
..weeping and nearly blind Australians....damn that's funny...

=================== That's why they have such a large hole in the zone layer above Oz!
--
Eric

On 7/17/2011 12:39 PM, Robatoy wrote:

What's a moose taste like?
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
On 7/17/2011 9:16 PM, Steve Turner wrote:

Just like chicken.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 7/17/2011 9:19 PM, Swingman wrote:

That thought crossed my mind right after I hit "send". :-)
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.

Not gamey like venison. More like beef.
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca says...

Depends on how it's prepared. Never order the moose at the Gouverneur Ste-Foy.
On Sun, 17 Jul 2011 22:50:38 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

The gaminess is what makes venison venison, you fuel! It's to live for!
-- Life is an escalator: You can move forward or backward; you can not remain still. -- Patricia Russell-McCloud

Until you have venison from around here, where the deer feed on corn, there is a scale of 'game-ness'. Too gamey is okay in heavily spiced stews and the corn-fed venison is just awesome. Moose, on the other hand, is very tasty but rough in texture... and you get a LOT of meat from an average sized moose. Some of the guys I know will make moose burger with fatty pork mixed in and is best served smoked.
On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 05:16:37 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

WHAT? You grow bananas -and- corn up in Canuckistan? What'll they think of next, Summer and dry air?

I'd guess there were ten or more pounds on a leetle moose...

Pass.
-- Life is an escalator: You can move forward or backward; you can not remain still. -- Patricia Russell-McCloud

kinda hippie?
On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 18:03:54 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

After my sister took her biology class at ASU in '72, I gave up pork. They took a canned, fully-cooked ham out of a can, brushed on some oil and vinegar dressing, and put it under the microscope. There were lots of little worms coming up through the dressing. Her description of this sold me and I gave up pork along with her. I couldn't give up bacon, but I switched to turkey bacon and it's delish!
-- One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love. -- Sophocles

Now waitasec...... you are condemning the all of Porkness based on a ONE ...canned...I repeat.. CANNED farking ham? The wormology you so loosely applied, would condemn canning, certainly by that canning company.
On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 09:17:38 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Well, that and the fact that an entire section of the population has stricken it from their diet. And the fact that I used to drive through Norco, CA on the way to Las Vegas for COMDEX every year. i had to completely shut off the heater/vents and roll the windows up tight, then hold my breath for 5 miles while the pig farms were in sight and smell. One trip through Norco on I-15 is enough to cure anyone of eating pork. Multiply dairy stench by 50 and get one pig farm's lovely scent.
The one item I did hate giving up was the carnitas taco, though. And turkey bacon is better than real pork bacon. Don't -even- get me started on that crap they call "Canuckistani Bacon", please. It's pork with attitude, fer chrissake.
'Taint Kosher.
-- One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love. -- Sophocles
Larry Jaques wrote the following:

You can tell where you are on the New Jersey Turnpike from New York to Delaware just by the different smells along the route.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Larry, what happened when you drove past the sheep farm? ;-)
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

I didn't, Yack. I stopped there. <wink,wink,nudge,nudge,knowwhatImean?>
-- Progress is the product of human agency. Things get better because we make them better. Things go wrong when we get too comfortable, when we fail to take risks or seize opportunities. -- Susan Rice
On 7/19/2011 8:58 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Jeez Larry, If you put every thing that you eat under the microscope you would probably starve to death.
On 7/19/2011 2:15 PM, Leon wrote:

That's why I leave my microscope at home when eating an El Panchito at Los Gallitos!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 7/19/2011 2:49 PM, Swingman wrote:

OR Tacoria Chiwawa. Yeee Hawwwwwwww!
Started eating cherisos sausage in my scrambled eggs. Tastes remarkably like those breakfast taco's in Giddings.