OT: 6 megapixels best format for your woodworking pictures?

Page 8 of 8

kids, want color and most of the 18 - 25 year olds like B&W.
"Hank Finkel" wrote

Clearly grounds for a government funded study on whether this un-American black and white preference is PTSD caused by the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
... lookout taxpayers, here come more SS disability payments!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07
Robatoy schreef:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/index.htm

That's nonsense. What pixel rates you want is based on, besides being pushed by the phony hype of marketeers, what you want to do with the pictures. Need to get an accurate image of a fly's ass on top of a telephone pole? Get high pixels. Gonna print the pics for albums & occasional 8 x 10 enlargements? Mid-pixel range. Just one to one 35 mm pics and only shown on a PC screen? Get low pixels.
Nothing's ever as simple as it seems these days, but ignorance and making statements like the above are simply sour grapes and/or ignorance or both. Do some research.
Pop`

Get a zoom lens or climb the pole. Personally, I would be more interested in other subjects.

What's with the 'sour grapes' bullshit, Pops?
Did you miss these links, Pops?
http://6mpixel.org/en / http://www.kenrockwell.com/index.htm
Get back to me when you've done your homework.

In other words, higher pixel rates not needed, even if they were available at the time of design of the rovers, dummy.

A strong aversion to mis-information.

Nope; but you missed my comment on them.

What was that about sour grapes?
Twayne wrote:

When you get right down to it Mars Rovers aren't _needed_. Nobody's going to die if we don't have them. Space hardware is always a compromise--they might have wanted more resolution but not been able to support it due to power consumption or data transmission rates or durability or any number of other reasons. The fact that a particular resolution was used in a particular application does not mean that it is any kind of universal ideal. Dummy.

Then you should stop spreading it.

--John

Actually, that's likely right on target. I would imagine it was a trade-off between data size transmitted vs power available as top of list items at least. I'm not sure why you're crying "dummy" because I never stated anything about it being any kind f "universal ideal". Long space flights pretty much make that an impossibility anyway when one considers the rate of technological advances.

Sorry; what misinformation have I spread? If I've done so, and you point it out, I will correct same and give you credit for catching it. I don't see how a few generalities relates to misinformation unless I mis-spoke badly.
Assuming you mean what you said, it's worth pursuing to me, if it is to you. But if you're just sour-graping it then I have nothing more to add.
Regards,
Pop`

Ahhhh.. doing to good cop bad cop thing, eh?
F A I L
Somehere in the back of cobwebbed mind you may think that your response was clever.... enjoy the illusion.
Other than that
F A I L
and <plonk>
God, I hate idiots....
the MegaPixel race
Yep, and worse, those fools sending seven mp images via e-mail are wasting time and bandwidth as anything beyond the Max Res of the recipient's monitor is a waste.

Check out: http://www.gigapxl.org /