Opinions, Please

What retail value would you estimate for this auction Lot? http://irsauctions.com/popups/bidders_paddle.asp?lot27967&auction=O1PTVII6PFIWK27FM77HBSMS114339&id 143
Sonny
On Tuesday, July 14, 2015 at 7:53:46 PM UTC-5, Sonny wrote:

Hard to say without knowing quantities ... but that looks like a hell of a lot of drawer guides and a lot of poundage of screws. Retail ... much more than the $250 current bid.
Larry
On 7/14/2015 10:04 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:

Agreed, I see a lot of things that drive the cost up. The screws, the knife blocks, the lifts. Never mind the blums.
There might be $1000, might be $2000 in there. Hard to tell. That's a nice lot.
--
Jeff

says...

Screw the Blums, there were some Accurides in there. Not mentioned but visible and clearly marked in one of the photos.

This is the kind of thing my former boss would see and then get caught up in the bidding and pay about a hundred bucks more than retail for.
On Wednesday, July 15, 2015 at 5:16:38 AM UTC-5, J. Clarke wrote:

I suspect the bidding will reach $500, maybe, before the sale ends.
I'm considering two otions: 1) Bid on it. Should I win the bid, I have relatives, in that area, that could pick up the items, for me.... they are coming down, the week following the sale, for a family reunion. 2) Contact Morgans (Jim, near/in High Point, NC), a poster, here. I recall he once *commented, here, about his "cluttered shop". He might be interested in this Lot. I wouldn't want to wait until the last minute to contact Jim. The sale ends tomorrow.
*Took me about 10 minutes to find his posting, on 7-3-14:

cans full of nails and screws and such. Plus I made some bigger boxes for bigger tools. Then there are the shelves equal to more than 200 square feet.

you have somewhere, then you organize and clean it all up. Plus the fact that my dad (engineer) had a pretty complete wood and metal shop when he passed, and his dad was a machinist by trade. I got three generations of stuff. I have a tap holder that is home-made, and grandpa stamped his name on it and the year he made it, which was 1911. It's the best tap holder I have.

Sonny
On Wednesday, July 15, 2015 at 5:40:20 AM UTC-5, Sonny wrote:

Check that. The sale ends today!
.... Kinna lost track of time, lately. Sonny
On 7/15/2015 7:03 AM, Sonny wrote:

of the stuff you don't end up using was worth $0.00. Bid at an amount that represents a good deal on only the stuff you will definitely use.
On Wednesday, July 15, 2015 at 10:16:22 AM UTC-4, Greg Guarino wrote:

Wait a minute, you've have completed disregarded the true definition of a bargain:
"The offer of something that one doesn't use at a price he cannot resist."
On 7/15/2015 10:28 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

My Dad was always frugal, but also generous. He'd find a "steal" somewhere; something sold at perhaps 25% of the original price. But then he'd buy eight of them. We'd keep one; the other seven would go to friends and neighbors, netting him the item at only 200% of the original cost.
On Wednesday, July 15, 2015 at 11:54:28 AM UTC-4, Greg Guarino wrote:

As Jackie Mason has been known to exclaim:
"Such a deal!"
On 7/15/2015 11:54 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:

I bet friends and neighbors loved him though. Worth the price of admission.
On 7/15/2015 5:55 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Exactly so.

:-)
and one hopes, goodwill
On 7/17/2015 6:26 AM, Contrarian wrote:

My Dad used to bake bread at irregular intervals. He did it the way his mother had: without a mixing bowl. We got flour in 50 and 100 lb. sacks courtesy of an uncle in the food business. My Dad would pour out a small mountain of flour on the formica countertop and hollow out a recess in the center, forming a volcano shape. Into the middle would go the water, yeast etc. He'd then slowly mix the flour into the center, scooping in handfuls from the side of the volcano, until it was all mixed.
Needless to say, no measurements were involved. But he knew the consistency he was looking for. As he went along he'd decide it was a little too wet, and add flour. Then perhaps a little too dry, and add water. Sometimes he did this repeatedly. The intended amount of dough, already "calculated" to be in excess of what was needed, would grow; sometimes a good bit.
On one particular occasion he must have miscalculated more than usual. I remember that batch yielding 48 separate items. Many of those were full-size loaves; some were midway between small loaves of bread and overlarge dinner rolls. The oven was going well into the night.
The neighbors ate well those next few days. :)
On Wednesday, July 15, 2015 at 9:16:22 AM UTC-5, Greg Guarino wrote:

It's not uncommon for me to give away excess stuff, but I could probably find a use for quite a bit of the items.
I decided not to bid on the Lot. I sent Jim an email and link.
Sonny
On 7/15/2015 10:32 AM, Sonny wrote:

Well, somebody got themselves a deal. It appears the lot went for $425 plus the 10% premium. Let's call it $475 and shipping/or pickup.
From what I saw in a brief glance it was a helluva deal for somebody even if they can only use some of it.
On Wednesday, July 15, 2015 at 7:03:23 AM UTC-4, Sonny wrote:

If you've lost track of time, how do you know it happened lately? ;-)
On Wednesday, July 15, 2015 at 9:22:12 AM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

LOL. Typo? I lost track of days. I was thinking (this morning) that today was the 14th.
I more often loose track for my nap times.
Sonny
On 7/14/2015 7:53 PM, Sonny wrote:

The box of fluorescent ballasts, I'd wager, is worth more than the $250 on the table.
Gotta be careful with the Quick Screws though. If Slick Willie Clinton hears about them, he'll be all over them!