OOPS! New Woodcraft in Southern California!

OOPS!!!!

just
and
That's Garden Grove, not Glendale. Sorry. Told you I wasn't a native.
your thinking of the garden grove freeway the 22 runs from city of orange and aniheim to long beach
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 04:22:33 GMT, "Eric Lund"

How do there prices and selection compare with that of Reel Lumber? Kevin

Center,
the
Anaheim
native.

I've only been in Reel Lumber once. If they have prices posted, I have no idea where they are. At Austin Hardwoods, all prices are clearly posted, even (perhaps especially) the $60/bf ebony.
Cheers, Eric

their
them
Same company, different location (Anaheim). At about 2 1/2 miles, they are lot closer than Austin Lumber, which is down in Santa Ana, but Austin has a larger selection, plus nice hand tools like Lie Nielson planes and Starrett layout tools. And if I want the usual American hardwoods without going far, I can go to Ganahl Lumber which is less than a mile from my house and has a complete mill on site.
People keep complaining about Southern California, but I have (now) Woodcraft, Rockler, 2 independent tool dealers, 3 significant lumber sources, 2 Home Depots, 2 True Values, and one Lowes, all less than 15 miles from my house. Take out the Woodcraft and Austin Hardwoods, and they are all less than 5 miles. There's so much around I haven't even bothered to see if there's something else. Heck, even Laguna Tools in Irvine is 14.56 driving miles from my house.
Cheers, Eric

(Costa
I'm
North Anaheim, Almost Fullerton. South of the 91 and East of the 57. Unfortunately, not far enough East. Freeway is one of my neighbors. You actually do sort of get used to it. BUT, only 3.5 miles from work, and living next to the freeway beats the heck out of commuting 2 hours a day on it. Fourteen to 24 minutes, round trip commute. I had 45 minutes one way living in Colorado Springs. This is better. (No, not everything, but the commute is, and woodworking in shorts in the dead of winter is).
Cheers, Eric
On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 10:53:25 GMT, "Glen"

I'll always avoid any place that doesn't have their prices clearly marked. I don't want to guess or ask, I just want you to tell me what you charge and be done with it.