Only a few more weeks of summer

I'm not one to complain too much about hot weather, but as I get older the less I seem to be able to take and I absolutely hate winter. Living here in the San Berandino area of So. Cal. is testing my limits. Today at 1:30 pm while I was working outside cutting some trim for my aquarium stand, yes I'm still working on it, I begin to feel a little over done and stepped up onto the front porch and checked the thermometer. No wonder, 106 Deg.!! Believe it's time to go back out, put up the planer, table saw, and CMS, come back inside and take a shower and a nap. What else is one to do when one has to work outside :-( Well maybe next week end will be a little better although we are usually pretty warm here til into Oct. Hope wherever ya all are your enjoying some good weather and for those on the East Coast hopefully things are better.

Reply to
Paul O.

Here in CT, the weather is perfect. I sat outside and did some sanding while enjoying the sun. It was about 75 degrees, low humidity. Just a good day to be outside. I brought out a sawhorse and sanded on that with the ROS, then just relaxed and did some hand sanding.

Took a break to get the steaks ready for the grill. I'll be heating it up in about 10 minutes. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Me too. As much as I hate hot hot days, at least you can fix hot hot days with an air conditioner. Winter sucks. Winter is *dangerous*.

The very morning after it was gorgeous, and it has been gorgeous all weekend. Absolutely gorgeous.

I actually got my shorts back out. I figured fall was here for good, but it seems we have been granted a slight reprieve.

Reply to
Silvan

Few more WEEKS?!?! Maybe your weather genie in Cal ought take a look at the calendar - in two days (Sep 23) autumn begins.

Here in DC, now that Isabel has passed, the sun has come back out and we've been in the low to mid 80s; it's been a touch humid but quite nice. In 2 days, the lows are gonna drop into the low 50s (apparently our weather genie HAS looked at the calendar).

Renata

(no stain for email)

Reply to
Renata

That's one of the things about living in places like southern AZ and I suppose the same for SoCal: You tend to forget that other places have weather. This can be a bad thing when one is travelling on business this time of year and arrives somewhere that gets cold with only short sleeved shirts in one's luggage. =:-O Not that I would have any first hand knowledge of something like that of course.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita